Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

don't die, pl2 thread! here's map14 UV-speed in 1:16

filling in one of the maps that should be safe to record on, but was a bitch to run :) btw anyone for a max here? the map screams for it.

p214-116.zip

not all stories have happy endings. failed map23 uv-speed that's just too cruel. oscar-whoring-social-criticism-movie type cruel. it went so nice... now i can't get anywhere near to this.

p223-ehhhh.zip

ha, great run, mork! that 1% moment was on purpose to please the crowd, right?

evocalvin: nice find. i tried a sr50 bump from there, but it seems too hard (if possible). i've been able to do a rj bump for just cca 20% without triggering the monsters spawning in. might be useful for movie-type runs.

here's improvement on my map04 UV-speed, now in 0:24

p204-024.zip

Wee, this wad is sweet, great job everybody! I am sorry that I didn't get more involved in testing. The only Doom I can remember playing in the past six months was AD2. :)

That wasn't meant as a jab at the project. I've just been absorbed in a relationship for a while.

map20 UV-speed in 1:50

the shortcut isn't easy to recognize, it's explained in the text file. pretty smooth run with a stupid error when chainie blew me off an elevator. i'd correct it, but i'm sick of it already.. too much grinding needed, at least for me.

p220-150.zip

dew wrote:
" Well guys, I'm glad to disappoint your designer
intentions, I caught a big one. :)"
hmm well ... should I ... or shouldn't I ... oh What The Hell ... anyway nice detective work, sweety :-D

i'm so hurt by your sarcasm, gusta :) but the jump would be rrrreally hard and slow without the trick grab, so i hope i'm not making a complete ass of myself :)

anyways, map07 UV-speed in 1:27

i'm really surprised i'm the first one to record it, considering how much i suck on everything map07 related.

p207-127.zip

ahhh good work both, i always love to see my records beaten :)

dew said in p207-127.txt:
Btw, for some reason, the glide seems much easier without the -record parameter.

Yep, the cause is explained here.

map10 UV-speed in 1:19

worked on this for some time... kimo missed some tricks there :) the outcome was ALMOST good, the feeling is destroyed by last few seconds of... ugh-ness. still, it's hard to reproduce all that stuff so fast.

p210-119.zip

map29 UV-speed in 0:39

as gusta said.. might or might not desync on 2nd release. but it was like 30 minutes of looking around, so why not. i was sloppy in the sr50 part and lucked out in the archviles parts.

p229-039.zip

there's only a few UV-speeds undone now. 11, 12 and 27 will see changes and the latter two risk demo desyncs. 26 and 31 are long and hard on fighting, 28 is a slaughterfest /at least i presume a RK bump is impossible?/. 30 just isn't my style.

so i recorded some short pacifist runs :)
map03 UV-pa in 0:23
map06 UV-pa in 0:24
map08 UV-pa in 0:12
map17 UV-speed/pacifist in 0:13
map19 UV-pa in 0:17

pl2pa-dew.zip

Belial said:

Map03 UV Max in 5:55.

that mancubus getting in the way every time i try to pick up the green armor is utterly frustrating. dumb as the doomish mob is, it gets one thing right: standing in the way when you need it least.

also, has anyone completed map11?

I don't know because I've lost the url to the yahoo group... if anyone in the team could give me a link in PM please (I can hardly do anything in editing because of my current computer, but I still can debate about what to do for various problems or bugs to fix).

Anyway, glad to see that my map 15 has some success =P

Heh, it's also linked to in every email coming from the group, so you should have it many times in your inbox.

My mail was bouncing, thus... anyway I've finally managed to found the url somewhere.

@Essel : totally forgot this way heh.