Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Doom and Quake doodles

I like the first one with the vore and shambler, first thought the shambler was having an electric hot flash.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about this one:

This was a high school art assignment. We were supposed to do a 3D rendition of our names and decorate them afterward, but I got carried away with the decorating part and forgot all about the 3D part. My favorite is the cacodemon biting the dude's head off.

No wonder I scared my art teacher sometimes....

Impie said:

My art teacher rated me the 2nd person in my high school most likely to go on a shooting spree...anywho nice pic, reminds me of the opening doom 64 logo opening.

Shapeless said:

reminds me of the opening doom 64 logo opening.

I think I was playing it at the time. Don't remember when it came out.

Nice pics, I like them all. Did you think about making DOOM mini comics? I'm sure you could make some funny stuff. Perhaps something about the DOOM community, or whatever.

That picture is awesome. I like how you threw in the Doom 2 Cyb vs. Doomguy stance.

Vegeta said:

Nice pics, I like them all. Did you think about making DOOM mini comics? I'm sure you could make some funny stuff. Perhaps something about the DOOM community, or whatever.

Thanks! I probably would if I hadn't pretty much sworn off fan projects. At least for the time being....

Good eyes, Lord Z! Most people don't notice them in the chaos.

Good Shapeless: If you ranked second, who ranked first?

I never did anything too gross in art glass (late bloomer I guess)--but I remember my younger brother did this huge black and white picture of a crucified baby, eviscerated, with a man hanging strangled by the babies intestines, and, I kid you not, they actually displayed that picture in the hallway exhibition case where anybody and everybody at the high school could see it. Kee-razy, I tell you--I can't believe nobody made the art teacher take it down. And, no, I'm afraid I don't have a photo of it.

MmM said:

I never did anything too gross in art glass (late bloomer I guess)--but I remember my younger brother did this huge black and white picture of a crucified baby, eviscerated, with a man hanging strangled by the babies intestines, and, I kid you not, they actually displayed that picture in the hallway exhibition case where anybody and everybody at the high school could see it. Kee-razy, I tell you--I can't believe nobody made the art teacher take it down. And, no, I'm afraid I don't have a photo of it.

OMG that sounds like an awesome picture. I would love to see it. Too bad you don't have a pic of it though...

The 3D name thing is brilliant. I like the revenants being blown off their feet there.

I've done lots of Doom doodles over the years but I can't be bothered to go and scan any of them right now. I'll put up this one I did at school one day...it isn't exactly Doom-related but it's close enough. :P

http://tehstupidbunny.deviantart.com/art/Nurgle-and-Friends-123085656

MmM said:

Holy crap, what school was this? I wish I'd gone there instead of 1984 High School.

Nice drawing, StupidBunny! I love the text.

Impie said:

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about this one:

This was a high school art assignment. We were supposed to do a 3D rendition of our names and decorate them afterward, but I got carried away with the decorating part and forgot all about the 3D part. My favorite is the cacodemon biting the dude's head off.

What did you get for a grade?

That's a good question. I'm not sure.

I didn't really take school seriously 'til I tried paying my college tuition myself one year. That'll usually do it.