Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

Claustrophobia 1024 Demos

Claustrophobia 1024 Demos Thread. Let's record demos!

Attention: A few maps of the megawad were fixed after first release. if you don't download new version yet, you have to get it, here. (The megawad was archived in idgames after the bugs had been fixed.)

I also quoted Grazza's note from CChest Demos Thread and changed a few words.

Note: When recording on 1024CLAU.wad, please record in Boom-compatible format, as this is what the wad requires, and it means that the demo will play back with more exes. It also provides a level playing-field. To do so, you can use prboom-plus with -complevel 9 in your command-line. And please use a current version, as bugs in Boom compat have been fixed. Alternatively, you can use the original Boom 2.02 or its Windows port Prboom 2.02.

Map 1 UV-Max in 0:43 Youtube
Map 1 UV-Max in 0:42
Map 2 UV-Max in 0:47

1024clau_tatsurd.zip

Nice demos, guys! And thanks for starting the thread, tatsurd!

Here are some MAP01 demos, just so I'm not left completely in the dust on this level... ;)

2c01-028.zip - UV speed on MAP01: The Warp Facility in 0:28
2c01n047.zip - NM speed / NM100S on MAP01: The Warp Facility in 0:47
2c01f055.zip - UV -fast on MAP01: The Warp Facility in 0:55

So I went to try map11 again for fun, gambling that the infighting would fire up while I was attacking the cybie. It worked quite well. Even managed to get help from a manco in dealing damage to the cybie for awhile.

The result is a new UV-Max that's 9 seconds quicker, making the new time 1:30.

Don't think I'll try to improve this one anytime soon as everything went well with very few muck ups.

Attaching zipfile now.

2c11-130.zip

Damn mouse users. There's no freakin way I can get 39 or 38 on map 1; more like 50. Somehow the mouse makes you move super turbo fast. I call shananigans.

gggmork said:

Damn mouse users. There's no freakin way I can get 39 or 38 on map 1; more like 50. Somehow the mouse makes you move super turbo fast. I call shananigans.

But you are great player anyway :-) Those HR runs always makes me wonder: "how that guy can get such great timings having keyboard only?!" For short maps like these in claustrophobia fast accurate turning is essential for good timing, just that.

Back on topic, there`s two uv-max updates.
map 01 in 0:37
map 06 in 2:43

1024clau_skepticist_2.zip

joining the fun... map01 UV-speed in 0:08

i start the first map, enter the first room... and i see a glide. thanks, tgh. :) i had to hack the map with an impassible transparent line to show me the exact pixel i need to aim at when recording. also, mouse turning completely switched off, heh.

2c01-008.zip

Just one UV-Max for today, but it's a difficult one.

It's for map 27, "Hell Sewage". Time for the demo is 8:32. Might be improvable, but I'm not going to try it right away.

Attaching zipfile now.

2c27-832.zip

these maps were okay to run.. not so sure about many ohters

map03 UV-speed in 0:24
map04 UV-speed in 0:35

2c_dew1.zip

Thought I would have a go at a serious demo-record, so I tried one of my maps. I'm not that much of a skilled player so the time isn't optimal (better than my earlier attempts at least), more seconds can be shaved off. I might try my other map Map28, but it'll be quite challenging, eep.

Map13 UV-Max 3:21

Keep up the good demos folks! :-)

2c13-321.zip

Whoops doublepost. Gyah! I attempted a UV Max demo of Map28 Poison Ivy but fell right at the end. Was being sort of careful along the way (if being too picky with weapons selection is 'careful' heh) but the final fight shook me up and ran into a rocket of the cyberdemon (for some reason I tense up when confronted by a cyber). The tragic demo is a little longer than 7 minutes (would've ended up around 10-11minutes if I actually completed the darn thing)

I'll try again once the adrenaline subsides, heh.

2c28-=(.zip

After watching the UV-Max demos for map 13, I thought I'd take a shot at the level this morning.

Thankfully I managed to pull off my strategy without too much hassle.

Got a UV-Max time of 2:09 for the level. Not bad at all, especially considering I had a pair of 3% health moments near the end.

Attaching zipfile now.

2c13-209.zip

Torn said:

Heh, is there room for pacifist demos as well? :P

I tried on first few maps...

Map 1 UV pacifist 0:36
Map 2 UV pacifist 0:34

map05 UV-speed in 1:39

61% kills... bleh. the following maps fill my UV-speedy heart with horror. :)

EDIT: haha i've just seen graim's map01 pa, epic ending!

2c05-139.zip

Well...why not :p. Here's my first evar submitted demo.

MAP25 UV-Max in 7:55

Hopefully I did everything right; I was trying to wrap my head around the file naming convention you guys were using. But I just gave up and copied what I thought were the pertinent bits. Anyways, I'm not a very good player so I decided that I would do a demo of my own map for starters. It's pretty sloppy and I almost forgot about the secrets at the end so I'm sure the time could be improved significantly. But it was fun nonetheless :D

2c25-755.zip

love the community demo-filling effort. :) another two UV-speeds down...

the HK fist fight in map15 is not a good designer scheme imho, even a casual player has to go luck himself :p the (kind of) death-exit trick is very cool, though. i assume it was intended, why leave the hole for the jump if not?

map11 UV-speed in 0:38
map15 UV-speed in 2:16 (including 0:48 -nomo)

2c_dew2.zip