Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Claustrophobia 1024 -- Fixed version released!

Wow. I come back from my internet hiatus and see that Jodwin and Kyka have made Transfer Base a much better map than I could ever have. Thanks guys! Also, sorry for disappearing so suddenly and completely. Real life struck in the form of university stuff.

Welcome back Solarn. Glad you liked the work we did on the map. Enjoy the finished Claustrophobia Mapset. :)

Kyka said:

Welcome back Solarn. Glad you liked the work we did on the map. Enjoy the finished Claustrophobia Mapset. :)

I am. I just finished a quick playthrough and I enjoyed it very much. Although some of my favourite maps didn't make it in, there were quite a few new ones I haven't seen before and I loved them all.

Indeed, good to see you back Solarn! Luckily I found your email just in time to add it to the readme (since I couldn't get in touch with you via PM). Glad your enjoying the mappack :D

Mechadon said:

Indeed, good to see you back Solarn! Luckily I found your email just in time to add it to the readme (since I couldn't get in touch with you via PM). Glad your enjoying the mappack :D

Yeah, sorry about that. I really did disappear completely.

Not really a bug, more as something based on color of pixels on hud but in ZDoom/GZDoom after any quick save/quick load or even menu make these yellow lines stay.

It took me forever to find what you were talking about. That is barely noticeable.

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't logged in. It's harder to see against white background.

Yeah, that seems like an engine bug rather than a WAD bug. It looks like the default dimcolor. Doesn't happen to me on ZDoom 2.2.0 and 2.3.0. Do you get it with dimamount 0?

This is barely noticeable only at white lines or brighter hud but that one in 1024clau.wad is dark and when playing I pay attention to hud and textures, gameplay, difficulty in that order so it's little distracting.

GZDoom 1.2.01 but setting to dimcolor 0 solved the problem, thx.

This is a problem that frequently crops back up. It's caused by a rounding error when scaling up the status bar. It has already been fixed plenty of times, but it invariably reappears later. You should report that on the ZDoom forum, along with your resolution and aspect ratio.

Edit: But before reporting it, check with a recent SVN build (link is on the front page of the ZDoom wiki, can't miss it) if it still happens. No need to report something that's already fixed.

*spoiler alert*

Spoiler

Really enjoying this so far. Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to reach the secret exit on MAP15. I read doom wikia and it says that a switch will appear on the RHS wall, just before the real exit. I see the indentation on the wall where a switch should be, but all I see is a wall texture, which does nothing.
I'm playing with scoredoom, which is essentially gzdoom 1.029. is there a compatibility problem or something?

Thanks.

BilboHicks said:

Spoiler

Really enjoying this so far. Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to reach the secret exit on MAP15. I read doom wikia and it says that a switch will appear on the RHS wall, just before the real exit. I see the indentation on the wall where a switch should be, but all I see is a wall texture, which does nothing.
I'm playing with scoredoom, which is essentially gzdoom 1.029. is there a compatibility problem or something?

Thanks.

Spoiler

You're supposed to shoot a button on the wall through the window directly north of where you start the level. If you go down the northwest stairs, the switch closes off (I think.) If you shoot it before then, the secret exit button will appear near the normal exit (and you will get credit for a secret when you approach it.)

I should warn you, though: The secret levels are hard.

Thanks man. Playing with addonpack on UV, There's been some tough ones so far, MAP07 especially, which was a cool re-take of a MAP07 map. If they are harder than MAP07 then I'm in for a long night :P

BTW, Picking a hellrose variant as a replacement for the arachno was not a good idea, since it breaks map07 on UV. Looks like the first action special requires moveable monsters, and the hellrose never spawns into the main area. But I was able to get past the level using classic (non jump enabled) rocket jumping at least.

Thanks again, great wad :D

Oh wow a bump.

I don't have any immediate plans to start a third part (or technically a fourth part I guess). I have too many other things going on and so I don't have the time for it. Not that I wouldn't be interested in running another 1024 project though. And I'm certainly far from the only one qualified to do such a thing. So if someone else wanted to do another one with the Claus1024 resources then by all means go right ahead :).

I'm understand. Well, I make a 1024-project, but it's a personal work. It means I'll make a megaWAD with 1024-levels but I'll make all the levels. Moreover, I'll use original Doom 2 textures and the map will be Boom-compatible.

Here's my project post; I should be happy, if you write your opinion :)

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/52653-katamori-1024-7-level-demo-relased-see-the-first-post/