Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

Selling my Complete ID ANTHOLOGY collectors box set for sale -- $225!

Selling my Complete ID ANTHOLOGY collectors for sale -- $225! ID Fans First before Ebay!

Hello all...

I'm posting this up on a few different DOOM forums to get the hardcore ID/DOOM fans the oppurtunity to pickup something really friggin cool before I sell it out on ebay.

What I've got is sort of the holy grail of ID... The EXTREMELY rare boxed ID Anthology.

Released in 1996, it includes every game ever made by id and softdisk up to Quake 1 on a 4-CD set.

On top of it, it includes all of the following:

The Book of id, a book that details the history of id Software.
A poster
An id Anthology phone card.
Two dog tags with the id logo and the id Anthology logo
A pewter Cyberdemon miniature.
A black t-shirt with the id Anthology logo.
The Doom comic.

Games Included:

cd 1 'Vintage'
Dangerous Dave
Soldax
Shadow Knights
The Catacomb
Rescue Rover
Rescue Rover 2
Hover Tank 3D
Catacombs 3D
Commander Keen: Invasion of the Vorticons
Commander Keen: Keen Dreams
Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy
Commander Keen: Aliens ate my Babysitter
Wolfenstein 3D
Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny

cd 2 'Doom'
Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
Master Levels for Doom 2
Final Doom

cd 3 'Quake'
Quake

cd 4 'Mac'
Wolfenstein 3D
Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom

Everything is included (not a thing missing), and it is in excellent condition.

This Anthology goes on ebay often for over $400, and I've seen some sell for just under a thousand, as it is EXTREMELY rare, and one of the most wanted collectors items of ID fans.

you can read and view at these sites:

http://www.doomworld.com/pageofdoom/anthology.html
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Id_Anthology
http://www.mobygames.com/game/id-anthology

And you can view some high quality pics of it here:

http://flickr.com/photos/chorazin/2699541981/in/photostream/

do note, those are not my pics, but my Anthology and the above are the exact same, and I'll add some of my own pics here on this post as soon as i get off my lazy bum to take them.

This is pretty much a steal, and I'm selling it to get some funds for my new apartment. I just thought I'd ask the hardcore fans first. If no respopnse from the 3 forums I'm posting it at is given, I'll post it on ebay in a couple of days.

I'm asking $225 for it (which is the best deal you'll ever find on this nowadays), and shipping is free. I can do Paypal, Cashiers check, or money order, though I prefer paypal. I ship as soon as I receive payment, and I am verified and confirmed on Paypal. If you need photo proof of me holding the box, with your name or something, just ask.

You can verify my identity at:

myspace.com/beavermatic

You can private message me.... HOWEVER, it'd be best to email me at beavermatic@gmail.com first as I check my email every 2.5 seconds.

First come, first serve.

Thanks!

Justin "Beavermatic" Strunk
aka "Buckshot" circa late 90's on DOOMWORLD IRC
beavermatic@gmail.com

Kaiser...

that is correct sir...

I have been on planetdoom for sometime, and was a newsie for a while.

I was on Doomworld long before that, and the IRC's back in the late 90's/ early 2000's as Buckshot...

want proof? Ask Fraggle about the limited edition RTCW pc game i got him for secret santa :P

Buckshot said:

Kaiser...

that is correct sir...

I have been on planetdoom for sometime, and was a newsie for a while.

I was on Doomworld long before that, and the IRC's back in the late 90's/ early 2000's as Buckshot...

want proof? Ask Fraggle about the limited edition RTCW pc game i got him for secret santa :P

Yeah, I used to pop up on the #planetdoom irc channel every now and then.. when it was still alive..

Scuba:

Thats not the actual ID Anthology.

It's missing everything but the CD-ROM's and booklet, which means its 90% total loss, so it cant even be considered the Anthology.

It appears they tried to accomodate by throwing in stuff that isnt part of the authentic anthology, and unfortunately, I cant say that auction is worth more than $75

Buckshot said:

Yes indeed, Buckshot is legit :-)

I still have the RTCW box, although I seem to have misplaced the install CD :-( Hopefully it will turn up among my mountains of junk eventually ...

...possibly sold at this point, I've sent pics to a potential buyer who is creating a paypal account to purchase it.

If it sells or not, I'll keep you all updated on it

Buckshot said...
The Book of id, a book that details the history of id Software.
A poster
An id Anthology phone card.
Two dog tags with the id logo and the id Anthology logo
A pewter Cyberdemon miniature.
A black t-shirt with the id Anthology logo.
The Doom comic.

If I could just get this stuff, that would be cool since I pretty much have all of the games.

Sorry to ressurect this old thread but I'd like to know if anyone is in contact with buckshot...

I sent him money, still have not received anything and he doesn't reply to my mails anymore...

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you (and possibly a few more people) got tricked.

He replied to me on Myspace, apparently it was not sold to anyone else, and if it doesn't arrive on 29th this month he'll refund me.

I'll trust him as he seemed to be ok with fraggle !

I'll tell you lol

Hey, the recession won't last forever. Got to stay optimistic!

Did he send you photos of it? I'd ask to see photos before buying it.

But at the same time it would be unbeliveably low of a forum regular to pull a trick like that so maybe he didn´t see it necessary.

It really sucks if that was just a trick, but at the same time, it should be suspicious to see someone selling something for a quarter of its potential value (assuming you really could get $1000 for the anthology on ebay). :(

It seems he had 3 ID anthologies, 1 uncomplete was sold for a lower price, 1 to the other guy on the other forum and one to me.

I remember something about it when we talk in the beginning, and yes he sent me pictures (with a post it with my name so it's not google pictures !).

I think he didn't tried to trick me but was a little lazy about problems with UPS.

Anyway I think it'll be ok, let's see !

The way the OP reads suggests that there was only one anthology, but that might have been a deliberate ploy to stop people trying to talk the price down if it became known he had more than one.

A package would most likely be considered lost after nine months in UPS limbo so the best you can hope for is a refund. Just hope he's not stringing you along to keep you quiet.

Let's hope he would and not have pulled this shit in case he comes back with some halfassed explanation. I have a strong feeling he posted this to gip people of their money..

gemini09 said:

But at the same time it would be unbeliveably low of a forum regular to pull a trick like that so maybe he didn´t see it necessary.

I would wanna see pictures out of curiosity of what it all looks like and to see the condition as much as a verification of the person's legitimacy.

Mr. Chris said:

Let's hope he would and not have pulled this shit in case he comes back with some halfassed explanation. I have a strong feeling he posted this to gip people of their money..

It does seem somewhat telling that he hasn't posted here again....

mekka said:

It seems he had 3 ID anthologies, 1 uncomplete was sold for a lower price, 1 to the other guy on the other forum and one to me.

It's not exactly what the thread title's suggesting:

Selling my Complete ID ANTHOLOGY collectors box set

Notice that it is singular and even suggests that he only had one? If there were more than one, why didn't he wrote "one of my box sets" or "several box sets" or "a box set", then?

I'm not implying any intentions. I merely noticed this oddity.