Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Dehacked in Heretic?

Are there any programs that are like Dehacked for Doom and that have full Heretic support?

There is a program that is something like Dehacked for heretic. The name was "heretic hack editor", but it won't work with heretic version 1.3

There is a program that is something like Dehacked for heretic. The name was "heretic hack editor", but it won't work with heretic version 1.3

Tha's right. And I don't think it works properly with 1.2 either... Anyways, I'm surprised no one ever bothered to fix it...

So many cool utilities/ports are being abandoned... I wish I could program myself...

A long time ago I decided to do a mod for Heretic. It was a Star Wars mod, and the magical weapons etc converted really well to laser blasts and so on, but that's beside the point.

To do it I used HHE. I started hacking the old EXE, but eventually I came across some offset numbers you can put into the ini to make it support later versions. I can't even find my copy of HHE ATM, but at least be aware this does exist. Not sure if it made HHE support 1.2 or 1.3 I think it was 1.3, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.

If and when Eternity gets Heretic support I'll be extending DeHackEd to work with it properly. Of course by that point there should be several Eternity Definition Files modules available which will also work with it.

HHE does work with 1.3, It's just not as reliable.