Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Is the other TNT2 approved by TeamTNT like this is? If not, that would be the one to have to adjust the name in my view.

Anyway, this needs a variation of Wormhole's concept, as that map is one of the defining TNT experiences to me (If you can make a new track for it that one-ups the current one, which makes the atmosphere go through the roof, you will have my respect for a long while). Other such things are the rudimentary beds, computer stations etc that give you a sense of where you are, but no so overly designed that the levle itself is compromised (Others may disagree, but I never got the feeling of "LOOK AT MY MAP, SCREW THE MONSTERS" that I get in some wads that do the same), lots of machinery (MAP06's pistony things, Shipping/Respawning's conveyerbelt, Steel Works's crushers. Alos on Steel Works, that level pushed out out of your comfort zones by forcing you back through a path made to make you think it was one-way only.

Naturallly, thers also one token egyptian level. Just dont make it buggy ;]

Ragnor said:

Is the other TNT2 approved by TeamTNT like this is? If not, that would be the one to have to adjust the name in my view.

To add on to that, proving I have their permission:

The current 3 maps in the demo were just to give everyone a taste. In the next release(Which won't be until it's released), will either have improved versions of those maps, or they will be dropped.

Whoo said:

I don't think the word ask is demanding.

That doesn't make a difference, you still though you had some sort of priority to ask other team to drop the project or determine that both should fuse. The most funny thing is that you said that you'd have to ask your team about the "fusion", as if the opinion of the other team didn't mind.
Nevermind now, seems that you dropped the idea.

P.S: Yes, I'm also the one from skulltag forums ;-)

If you know that I dropped that idea there was no reason for you to bring it up. And I don't give a shit if you're Vegeta from Skulltag.

I know, just wanted to clarify that using the verb "ask" didn't change a thing about the arrogance of your post.

I hesitated a bit before posting this, but the screens in the first post didn't really impress me, mostly because of questionable texture work in a lot of places. And the resolution.
(it's actually a common situation when i see a screen which everybody likes and ask myself - who would even make this screenshot and what exactly was he proud of and wanted to show? but there's an equal amount of amazing screens all over the place too, so it's ok)

And then entryway barges in with a whooping 18 screenies and i liked them even less :D Go ahead, call me a troll or envious or something, but it's really funny here for me now. I guess i don't get "true TNT style"...

It would obviously disastrous if two consecutive projects made a sequel to the same game using almost the same storyline. Next thing they'll be calling it "Final Doom" or something :P

Got three new in-development shots. These areas aren't done being designed, so don't expect too much from them. I just thought I'd show we are still slowly, but surely mapping.

This one in particular isn't done.

esselfortium said:

I beg of you, replace the awful MSPaint barbed wire fences from TNT. Please.

Haha, I have to agree here. They've always sort of bugged me even when I was a 9 year old kid with low standards. :P

I made a replacement for this barbed wire texture in Plutonia2. Feel free to use it.

When the Plutonia2 project started its development it contained many TNT textures, but these were replaced in the end with original material (by me). You can use any of these if you like, though credit would be appreciated :-).

t.v. said:

I made a replacement for this barbed wire texture in Plutonia2. Feel free to use it.

When the Plutonia2 project started its development it contained many TNT textures, but these were replaced in the end with original material (by me). You can use any of these if you like, though credit would be appreciated :-).

Thanks! I'll look into it, and most likely replace it.

And you guys whined it didn't look enough like Evilution. that barbed wire just SCREAMS tnt all over it.

40oz said:

And you guys whined it didn't look enough like Evilution. that barbed wire just SCREAMS tnt all over it.

The wire itself is okay, I guess. Though a bit odd.

It's the fence posts that are hideous.

Here's the areas with the barbed wire from PL2(Thanks t.v.!) Also added structures to the third part, and added a part to the second shot.

darkreaver said:

Hell no. Keep the original TNT fence! :D (seriously)

The majority of the users vote against it. Sorry, not happening.

The fence wire could be acceptable, but the fence posts are out of question.

Progress!

Please remember we can't complete this without your help! We're in desperate need for mappers; most of our mappers are busy with life, and/or other projects. If you're interested in mapping please send me a PM, or email to tnt2@interdoom.com !

I have to admit that all the colored lights in the latest batch of screenshots strike me as extremely tacky. (I mean, I know it's TNT, but still...) It's up to you of course, but personally I'd go for contrast from brighter materials (whether it be shawn or whatever) and build some lights into your structures in more realistic and visually subtle ways, as highlights.

The blue lights in particular look ugly, especially in that relatively bright outside area.