Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadowman

Cheogsh 2 - megawad for GZDoom

Cheogsh 2, 7 level megawad for GZDoom - is almost ready. Authors - Shadowman & Guest.
OpenGL mode is required, because in software mode players won't be able to see 3D-floors & dynamic lights. GZDoom 1-2-0 or higher required. Also, jumping, crouching and mouselooking are required, so please configure these options in your GZDoom settings.
The process of making Cheogsh 2 took more than 2 years, and I am grateful to those people, who helped me in it's making - first of all Guest, with whom we repeatedly discussed wad's concept and without whom Cheogsh 2 probably wouldn't be finished.

Wad will be put in incoming folder during odd-come-shortlies.

Screens:

... OMG ...

I absolutely loved Cheogsh, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this. :D I only played the original Cheogsh once, and remember being amazed by its good looks and enjoying its gameplay despite cheating gratuitously. :P

Eager to see this!

Playing the first Cheogsh was a delight for me. Kinda inspired me to do Blood Born a bit, based on the architecture. Keep it going!! Cant wait to play it, and judging by those screens, this will be on my window beyond thanksgiving break!

Mr. Chris, well, since GZDoom 1.2.0 or higher is required, it may be that SkullTag might run Cheogsh 2. You may try to run C2 using last build of ST. However, Shadoman hasn't tested C2 with ST...in any case, good luck :)

Just started playing this. Looks awesome. Might take me a while to beat this.

When I finished this, I knew it was cacoward worthy. This has been nominated. Good Job Guys!

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
Are you saying that you have already completed C2? Man, you're really fast :) Respect :)

I downloaded this the minute it hit /incoming. To be fair, I'm still on map04, but what I've seen is very impressive.

Patrick said:

I downloaded this the minute it hit /incoming. To be fair, I'm still on map04, but what I've seen is very impressive.

Still, you're quite fast :) So my respect to you anyway. And BTW, good luck while playing. :)

This is a monster of a WAD. I just finished it, although I suspect there's more to it.

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler

The ending was a little bit disappointing. That is, the boss battle was epic, but then it was just a shit-ton of backtracking through the other levels. :/ Then it just... ended. Kinda anticlimactic, I thought.

Maybe because I didn't pick up any soul stones and missed the caco totem completely. Furthermore, anyone know what to do with the Osiris Eye I found in the treasury?

Meh. I got frustrated a lot. Those floating things with the railgun sound/attack are now my most hated monster.

EDIT: Muddled my way through most of map3, but now I'm stuck ...

Spoiler

I punched both arch-vile switches in the library, but now I have no idea where to go ... it didn't look like there were any switches to open either grate off the south passage and the north passage just leads to the next map, which doesn't look like I can go farther in. Anyone care to drop a hint of what I'm supposed to do next?

EDIT2: found it, some of these switches blend in WAAAAAY too well. Got stuck again, but I think I might've gone the wrong way, ended up on map6 without doing much on map5.

Still wading through, on the new city map, got the west and south passages open but still searching for the east. Unless I'm SUPPOSED to go back through the south passage ...

@entryway; Tried using your save, but it did nothing when I unzipped to a folder and loaded it, and when I put it in my gzdoom folder it said it expected a name somewhere and got a number or something, not sure what's up with it.

Spoiler

From the view on the save I see you're in the kinda main room of map3, but I can't tell anything else from it. Just search around for switches you missed, there're quite a few points I just couldn't find the next switch for 10 minutes (a serious fun killer to this wad ...).

EDIT: btw, was the megasphere here in the new city of the dead supposed to be rocket-jumpable to? (yea it was pointless since I had enough health to RJ to it ...).

megasphere here in the new city of the dead supposed to be rocket-jumpable to?

Not of course. There is a secret teleport to it.