Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raithe

Any chance of getting "Secret Revealed" messages?

Where a hud message pops up when you find a secret and plays a sound.
That's about the only feature from other ports I miss in Eternity. You could probably just import the code from PRBoom+, I know it has that one and it's based on Eternity code.

I'd rather not. I like the quietness of now, and I can read the HUD to check the number of secrets too.

If Quasar is inclined to add it, then I'm sure it would be made optional and disabled by default, in line with standard Eternity policy on such things.

Yeah, I kinda wouldn't mind this, either. Probably the only reason I haven't asked about it (or have I? I can't remember now) is because I didn't consider it important enough to distract Quas and SoM from their larger EE coding projects for :P

@entryway
They're compatible code bases as far as I understand it from the various readme's, though I'm not sure how much as the documentation on PRBoom+ is a little slim. I thought I saw something a couple days ago about plus being based of eternity code, but now that you mention it I can't find where.

@printz and Grazza
I was figuring optional toggle.

@esselfortium
Yeah I'd much rather see heretic support finished, I was just hoping it might be simple code splice.

PrBoom has a tiny bit of EE code in it here and there. I'd say EE probably has more code taken from PrBoom than PrBoom has code taken from EE though ;)

As for secret messages, I have previously considered adding them as an option. Since it's been actively requested, I'll think about it again :)

As for the keys on the graphical hud, that's already on the TODO list, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Think about is good enough for me. That monster highlighting crosshair is enough all by itself to keep me hooked on this port, I love that thing.

raithe said:

That monster highlighting crosshair

monster highlighting crosshair?

heh

// search for targets

P_AimLineAttack(players[displayplayer].mo,
                   players[displayplayer].mo->angle, 
                   16*64*FRACUNIT, 0);

if(tm->linetarget)
   {
      // target found
      crosshair->color = targetcolour; // default
Should it be highlighted for ressurected monsters?