Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Your name

Gez said:

No, there is no reason to give me credit for this port.

I understand that, but

1. I never said "MadeByGezDoom"
  2. "Gez" is an easier way to say "GZ"
  3. I can never tell the difference between you and Graf Zahl (I don't mean that as an insult, I have no problem with either of you)
  4. I don't think cheez and jizz had anything to do with GZDoom's development either, but what do I know?

DuckReconMajor said:

• I can never tell the difference between you and Graf Zahl (I don't mean that as an insult, I have no problem with either of you)

Three simple differences:

• Graf is German, I'm not.
  • Graf is a programmer, I'm a linguist.
  • Graf's online nickname is not "Co", which it would be if he chose it in the same way I chose mine.

DuckReconMajor said:

I can never tell the difference between you and Graf Zahl

Personalities.

Heh Gez, don't tell me you're not also a programmer :)

There's one name on here I just can't figure out how to pronounce, and I just can't remember whose it was (he hasn't posted in this thread).

stphrz?

DuckReconMajor said:

I don't think cheez and jizz had anything to do with GZDoom's development either, but what do I know?

And you were doing so well until you got to this point, which oddly enough you couldn't have been much more wrong about.

esselfortium said:

And you were doing so well until you got to this point, which oddly enough you couldn't have been much more wrong about.

Some people really love GZDoom for being able to render 3d floors and point light, so...

Gez said:
Graf's online nickname is not "Co", which it would be if he chose it in the same way I chose mine.

Ah, good thing I didn't choose that method, or I'd be Mf, which, when pronounced loudly, sounds like the cross between a fart and a sneeze.

Creaphis said:

Yes, another preferred pronunciation of my name is to just shout the entire thing.

Everytime the moon is out, you can hear me shout :P Not trying to rhyme, I just have no time :O

Chris is my real name.

As for my old title, it had to do something about my bisexuality.

My name is pretty obvious if you look at my avatar. I was a super math geek when I was in high school.

What title?

Enjay said:
Speeling versus pronunciation. It's always been a tricky issue.

I was disappointed. I expected a mountain climber trying to pronounce something in thin air, or the like!

Basically, when confronted with signing up to Central Station (the PS2 version of PSN) for SOCOM: US Navy SEALs I discovered that my AvP2 nickname of Head Hunter was taken, and then also discovered that I can't spell Phobos.

If Phobus is taken (ie. other people can't spell either) I go for variations, such as Phoban, Phober and Phobot. Haven't thought of one using "i" that I like yet.

myk said:
Well, if you do that, it becomes "prindz," because you can't have voiceless and voiced consonants together, unless the latter is liquid, as they contaminate each other. [/B]

Hmm...I guess I'm really saying prints out loud. If I try really really hard I can say the Z but its stupid. Rescinded

Come to think of it, I pronounce exp(x) like "EX-pee-EX"

I just say the letters e x p. The x in the parenthesis is just a dummy variable, so I leave it out.

Edit: I meant the meaning of my name was obvious in my first post, not the pronunciation.

I used to go around with the nick 'Deathman' way back in 2000~2001. The name was sorta lame so I randomly picked a word from the dictionary and after a couple of tries or so, I landed on 'Kaiser'.

My title goes back to when I finished the F.e.a.r expansion. Me and another guy were at a gamestop to sign some copies when this kid (most likely a fanboy) came up to me and whined that I ruined the F.e.a.r franchise and then everyone started laughing. I thought it was cute. I am considering changing my title again as I am ruining more than just franchises now.

Kaiser said:

My title goes back to when I finished the F.e.a.r expansion.

You've mentioned this before, but at the time, I thought you meant "finished playing," not "finished making." I'm impressed; I didn't know we had any professional game designers in residence.

Well, Chris Klie did post around here a few months ago. He's involved in some big project for a console.

I know the lead programmer for Darksiders on another forum. :D

Came mostly from my SteamID, Cybernetika and the fact my first name is Steve lol. I also tend to be forgetful, so I use this one ALOT not just here.

Creaphis said:
You've mentioned this before, but at the time, I thought you meant "finished playing," not "finished making." I'm impressed; I didn't know we had any professional game designers in residence.

A friend I play coop and DM with (we played some coop yesterday) did some level design for a FEAR expansion set, perhaps the same one. He has also posted here, but not too regularly.