Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

What the....?

I was sitting here playing Ultimate Doom, when of a sudden, the thing went back to Desktop. I saw a little minimized Taskbar thingy at the bottom of the screen, which said Ultimate Doom. I clicked on it, which sent me back to the game. There I was, spinning helplessly around for some reason, and it was at the darkest brightness setting.
I was wondering: just why does this happen?

Perhaps you hit ALT-Enter while playing, or ALT-TAB, or one of those weird key combinations that causes a program to be minimized. I've had that happen before, and all you have to do is right-click on the program, choose properties, and under the misc. tab I think it is, simply disable all of those weird key combinations so that won't happen. I'm surprised that this only just now happened to you, I've had problems like this for a long time.

It always does that to me, dumb crap. If you're playing a port with MLook (delete/end/pagedown), make sure you don't look down at the same time you're sidestepping and firing, then you won't even be able to restore it.

Yes. I've gotten stuck in a perpetual spin many times before. All you do is press the key corresponding to the direction you are spinning. You will stop spinning again when you release it.

All you do is press the key corresponding to the direction you are spinning. You will stop spinning again when you release it.

Finally!!! Someone else who recognises this! I have known this ever since the first time doom crashed on me. (about 3 years ago). No-one else I know will accept that this works though.

I knew this within two weeks of getting the Ultimate DooM.

I thought everyone knew it.