Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phml

Phmlspd demos (Boom, -complevel 9)

Damn, that's fast (haven't watched it yet, just commenting the time).

Map13 UV Max in 46:23

This felt much better than my previous run, but it's only a 2 minute improvement.

ph13-4623.zip

If you do the same route you can probably beat that time (maybe 30:00ish is even possible) since it kinda multitasks the 'mountain climbing' in the center area while the center cybers infight. When coming back from blue key, helps to hide on the side rail of where the mancs appear for a bit so the viles will come in so you can pass them easier w/o dying.

Using your route, just had 3400 monsters killed, including all archviles and all cybies except the blue key ones in 15 minutes... Then I had an incredible brain fart and ran straight into ~30 revenant fireballs in the blue key room.

If anyone wants to have a good laugh... Here it is.

whatthefuckwasithinking.zip

Hmm, I don't know whether its faster to just stay in the center and kill all viles like that, or climb the ledges and stuff first.
I don't know how fast this route might be (same as my last but pretty much take care of the whole blue key area before messing with viles, figuring blue key cybers will infight a lot). Died at 20:00ish though. Uses your strategy to use the invuln for the 2nd row of cybers instead of 1st. Harder to kill 1st row w/o invuln though.

phmlspd-13-anotherfailedroute-cl9-ggg.zip

It seems you would have been well under 30 with that route. I've got to admit you're undoubtedly right, infighting with living archies > any other option. Seeing how many imps are around, archies probably ressurect them more than anything else.

As for my failed demo, it was partly because I didn't remember your route past the first few minutes, and partly because I did what I had to do to stay alive at all.

The risk increases proportionally though, just seeing how many times you got at very low health and pulled through, I can only imagine the number of times I'd die. :)

As for the cybies, I'm wondering if using invul for the first row and second row, killing some but not all of them wouldn't be better. This way, revenants or HKs shoot at cybs and start infighting, and you can pick off either row easily if there's not too many cybies left.

Map13 UV Max in 42:30

Sort of doing a mix between your route and mine, taking all the speed advantages I can from yours without giving up the safety from mine (which obviously makes it still a lot slower than yours, but doable and fun for me).

It's my first exit doing this and it can obviously be improved a lot. Not clearing everything while climbing (my instinct tells me to run ASAP and leave stuff behind while I have an invul, but it's kind of dumb as there is health overkill and I spend much more time going back to stragglers) and leaving a few archviles alive way too long were my biggest mistakes.

Other bad stuff includes being inefficient against the spider MMs, poorly managing BFG ammo and having to lose time to find some near the end, falling down to the second row against cybies (though it might have been a blessing because I feel it's not too hard to take the top row one by one in the corridor, as the first cybie shields you from the others - just got to watch for that death animation).

On that route, without significant mistakes I'm thinking 32-33 minutes is possible , and 35-37 minutes should be reasonable for me.

ph13-4230.zip

I'm pretty sure this would be fast: vile key, mastermind key, cyber key, backtrack enough to wake those 2 cybers in back, go up reverent ledges and kill all revs, bring 3-6 or so cybers out to infight opposite hell knights (since hk's take longer to kill than reverents), while they're doing that kill remaining top row cybers, use invuln for next row, get next invuln and back track to exit area hopefully without shooting the 4x cybers (so they won't aim at you), get an invul, and circle around the 4x cyber ring a few times to try to infight the 4x cybers w/ the inner mountains, go do the two far away reverent 'mountains' (maybe causing cacos to float near 4x cybers too), come back get 2nd invul and re-circle around to infight some more, go do furthest hell knight mountains, then probably do all inner mountains, go up hk ledges (most might be dead) etc.

Map13 UV Max in 33:17

The route I wanted to do, done right. I'm happy with this.

Still some small mistakes : missing the cybie invul sphere while going down, forgetting the revenants/invul in the red key room, going down too early in the blue key room near the end.

Many, many thanks to Entryway for telling me about vsync in GlBoom+ - turning it off makes this map much smoother and recording much easier.

I expect it's going to help too on other maps. Basically makes the game as smooth as it is with GZDoom, with the only downside of occasional screen tearing (which isn't that much of a deal, except for archvile flames which become much harder to see).

ph13-3317.zip

Map13 UV Max in 29:47

Great run. No mistakes that I can think of. Unfortunately, I lost about a minute looking for the last imp.

ph13-2947.zip

Map13 UV Max in 26:57

Wow... I can't believe I got that time.

When I fell from the first revenant cliff (on purpose, I was on low health and felt I'd die if I kept going), I decided I'd just climb back as fast as possible, hardly caring about the viles, hoping they'd die infighting, and if not, clearing them after being done with revenants. I also tried to stay in sight of the pillar cybies while I was invulnerable so they could shoot and infight. I don't know if it's that or something else, but obviously the run went very well.

ph13-2657.zip

(ha ha, you recorded that earlier and were waiting to snipe me, admit it)

To be honest I thought of doing that, but here we just happened to play at the same time (assuming you immediately posted your demo right after getting it). I refreshed this topic about forty minutes ago to see if you got anything since last night, then went to record.

Edit : didn't watch your maxes so far as I wanted to do things my own way, but now I did and there's some pretty cool stuff I need to blatantly steal. ;)

Here's an idea but the run was extremely lame. Left the mastermind alive but I was expecting there to be few cacos when I came back out due to mastermind infighting (then you could probably skip the ammo secrets too for speed). Instead mastermind and cyber infought, leaving many cacos. Then the game decided to cheat in some random way like usual and you can see a caco just moving back and forth near the south on automap (if you increase speed to fastest) as if a block line is in front of it or something, so I missed that cheater, otherwise 6:30, and I'm probably done so you win.)

phmlspd-07-99percent-dontkillmastermind-ggg.zip