Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Yet another id announcement

I hate to take over Dima's habit of stealing random news posts and Ctrl+V 'ing them into this forum, but here's a bit from STOMPED:

"id's PR firm just sent word that id will be holding a Q&A/new games announcement press conference at 2pm on Friday, August 10th at Quakecon. The keynote address by John Carmack will follow the press conference."

I really, really hope id doesn't do something stupid, like start working on two projects at a time or licensing Quake 4 to a lesser company. They should be focusing on DOOM, goddamnit.

Anyway, here is the full deal taken from shacknews:

More on new id Games [Jul 09, 2001 : 07:51 pm]
77 Comments / Flat / DThread - Maarten Goldstein

Got another PR about the new id Software games that are going to be announced at this year's QuakeCon (see original story) . Here's the deal:

** ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW GAMES/Q&A SESSION **
DATE: FRIDAY, AUG. 10
TIME: 2 P.M.
LOCATION: THE MESQUITE CONVENTION CENTER/HAMPTON INN & SUITES -- MESQUITE, TEXAS
KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY JOHN CARMACK WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE PRESS CONFERENCE

Steve and I will both be attending QuakeCon (August 9-12) and will report on whatever is announced.

CAN I COME?

/me packs his bags and gets ready to leave for america

I'm already there, hahah!

/me starts walking from Argentina to Texas (estimated : 20.000 km)

I really, really hope id doesn't do something stupid, like start working on two projects at a time or licensing Quake 4 to a lesser company. They should be focusing on DOOM, goddamnit.

You know, it's not that hard to support another company. I mean, you grow tired of ALWAYS focusing in a single project.