Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valhallaist

My doomguy pic

The one thing that always confused me is how come on the cover of Doom and on his sprites, he wears a helmet, but in all other artwork, he doesn't wear one, and his outfit is different too? That's something that's always confused me.

EagleDoom said:

The one thing that always confused me is how come on the cover of Doom and on his sprites, he wears a helmet, but in all other artwork, he doesn't wear one, and his outfit is different too? That's something that's always confused me.

Because we all want to see his pretty face :D

And in this case, the outfit was a crappy attempt to copy that guy's outfit in Resurrection of Evil

EagleDoom said:

Maybe... JUST maybe, he can take it off? I'm pretty sure it's not bolted on to his head.

valhallaist said:

Because we all want to see his pretty face :D

And in this case, the outfit was a crappy attempt to copy that guy's outfit in Resurrection of Evil

Are you talking about the cover of Doom 2? I always thought it was pretty obvious that his original armor had deteriorated and he had scavenged whatever he could find, perhaps off of dead zombie sergeants.

Bank said:

I always thought it was pretty obvious that his original armor had deteriorated and he had scavenged whatever he could find, perhaps off of dead zombie sergeants.

I interpreted that as taking off his helmet to eat those slain zombies, for lack of anything else.