Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SsnakeBite

Strange problem when trying to test a map.

Hi everyone. I just discovered Doom Builder. I decided to create a test map to see if I understand how everything works and to train with the various features. I followed everything the tutorials said, and yet, when I try to test a map, for some reason I'm starting the original Doom 2 game (what I mean is that I start at E1M1 and then everything goes on like it's a normal game) and my map never appears.
I tried to test the game using ZDoom and Doomsday, I tried playing my map as a normal wad, none of that worked.
Oh, and the map analysis found no error. So... can anyone help me, please? Thank you in advance.

Mapping for Doom 2 yet starting at E1M1 - that's an odd one. Are you using Ultimate or Shareware Doom as an additional resource wad?

SsnakeBite said:

Hi everyone. I just discovered Doom Builder. I decided to create a test map to see if I understand how everything works and to train with the various features. I followed everything the tutorials said, and yet, when I try to test a map, for some reason I'm starting the original Doom 2 game (what I mean is that I start at E1M1 and then everything goes on like it's a normal game) and my map never appears.

The original Doom 2 game uses names such as MAP01, MAP02, etc. E1M1 is for Doom/Ultimate Doom. If you're using the wrong IWAD, your map does not replace a normal one.

With ZDoom you can use the console and type "map MAP01" or "map E1M1" or whatever other map name you use ("map MYMAP" for example) to force the game to go to a map whose name you know exist. You can also use the MAPINFO lump to change which maps are offered.

See the ZDoom wiki for further information: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Main_Page