Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your non-Doom game picture/video! [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

Ah, childhood! I shall share some of my own :P

Tyrian!

Always fun to play through at anytime

Getting hooked on Streets of Rage 3. This is as far as I've gotten yet. Those acrobat bitches Mona and Lisa at the end of Stage 2 always take all my lives.

I'm considering making a Streets of Rage themed Doom map (very dark city with flashing neon lights everywhere)

40oz said:

I'm considering making a Streets of Rage themed Doom map (very dark city with flashing neon lights everywhere)

and you would need a whole map based around a random lift fight :P

Death Rally! Wheeee! Thought I'd post my high scores for anyone who is vaguely interested in the game.

(Ignore the driver names. :P ["Gunm" was a typo.])

And yes, I concede they're all on medium difficulty. On hard difficulty it's virtually impossible to even get a high score because you end up losing so many races against the completely ruthless enemy AI. :(

Completing the game in 15 races is my personal record, and all my attempts to beat it have so far been in vain. Similarly, I don't think I've yet been able to beat the game without losing a single race, and because I tend to start on the "medium" races as soon as I begin the game when I attempt to beat this record, all too often I get pummelled by the other drivers, all of whom use cars two or three levels above my own. :|

I started playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion again and modded the hell out of it and made an Imperial gal..

Dragonsbrethren said:

Explore some more - you can't get back up there yet.

of course!, Metroid 3 is one of those games that you really need to play through without anyone telling you where to go!

Doom Dude said:

I started playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion again and modded the hell out of it and made an Imperial gal..

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1800/alarria04.jpg

I never got the "pretty mod" to work right. is there anything I need to setup, and/or do I need anything else then that mod?

also to stay on topic

April 1st joke I did one the HGL forums, god I miss that game =(
even though like I've said, it was a cluster fk of bug's, still a good loot game.

Ahcruna said:

I never got the "pretty mod" to work right. is there anything I need to setup, and/or do I need anything else then that mod?

I never heard of that one. I searched for it and apparently it's a combo pack of various aesthetic mods that was put together back 2006. The mods in there are probably outdated by now. I downgrabbed and unzipped it to see what was in there and most of it I never used before. Even though they put it in a pack, you still have to deal with each mod seperately and have to read the txt files, which are usually pretty straight forward.

If you don't have much experience in installing mods for Oblivion, then grabbing a pack full of stuff can be hard to figure out. It's easier to grab something small like that Short Grass mod and get that working and go from there. There's a newer version of the Grass mod on TES Nexus: Short Grass v3. This mod is only one file and all you have to do is put the .esp is your 'Oblivion\data' folder and make sure it's enabled / checked by running the Oblivion Launcher and go into the Data Files menu, and put an X next to the mod name. Or use OBMM (see below) to do the same thing that the launcher does.

There is a couple programs you can use to help with using mods in general. Grab BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software). It'll auto sort out the load order of your mods and will give you info on mods that may cause CTD's and advise on updated versions of mods, etc.. Also grab OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) which beats the hell out of the default 'data files' menu. It also makes it very easy to install OMOD versions of mods. You just put the OMOD version in your Oblivion\obmm\mods folder and then boot up OBMM and the mod appears in the right panel, where you double click to install or uninstall. Makes it soooo much easier to install and uninstall mods, especially those huge ones. Not all mods come packaged as OMOD versions tho. Any ones that do will have OMOD in the file name.

Ok I checked out some of the other mods from the Pretty Pack I downgrabbed...

Better Nightsky ~ Never used this one but is pretty simple. I don't see a newer version on TES Nexus. This mod requires that you choose what texture set you want to use (Original, Enhanced, Set 1, Set 2) and buddy has some screens in a preview folder, for you to look at. The enhanced moons and original look best IMHO as the new moons has one that looks like planet Earth... which seems stupid. For this one you copy files from the folder of the one you want and also copy over the nebula textures (if you want those too). I find the easy way to figure this out is to unzip the whole thing to a temp folder and then go in there and look around. Let say you wanted to use the 'enhanced moons'... all you have to do is open the 'Enhanced Moons' folder and then copy the data folder to your Oblivion folder and it'll say somefin like 'theres already a data folder, do you want to add the contents to, blah blah blah, and you just click on 'yes' or 'yes to all'. There's no .esp file here so you don't have to do anything else.

Seasonal Weather ~ I think I used that one before and it didn't seem to do much (or it was some other weather mod). I've since been using the Atmospheric Weather System and that works well. This is a larger mod... 69mb unzipped. Very easy to install tho, just unzip it to a temp folder... or unzip it directly to your Oblivion folder like it tells you to. Then use the Oblivion Launcher / Data Files menu and check the AWS-Core.esm and the AWS-shiveringisles.esp (optional. Use if you also have The Shivering isles expansion).

Grass Without Tiling ~ Never used it. Unzip to your data folder. It's just one file, terrainhdgrass01su.dds which goes into your data/textures/landscape folder. One other thing has to be done here. There's a file called ArchiveInvalidation.txt in the Oblivion folder and you add a line to it (see text file).. You'll have to make a txt file if you don't already have one.

Jarrod's New Texture Mod. Never used this one either. The readme fails to say what version is in this pack and Planet Elder Scrolls has JNTM 1.5 Also the patch I have here in the Pretty Pack I downloaded doesn't mention a version... how silly. Like the other mods, just follow the readme. You also have to edit the ArchiveInvalidation.txt to get this one to work.

If you get any of this working, you're well on your way. It's not all that hard once you mess about with it for a bit. Luck with it all. ;) Laters.

..and a shot from Morrowind

rf` said:

Oh god I love you.

And Emperor Milktoe loves you!

Here's another oldie that I still have

Hells yeah, I'd recognize Major Stryker anywhere. Actually, I think it's funny that I actually recognize it, given that I haven't played it since I was a kid, but heck, it was one of my favorite games before discovering Doom.

Fuck yeah, Major Stryker. I played the shit out of the shareware version of that game when I was a kid. I even spent hours just listening to the jukebox that came with the game. It had a pretty fun soundtrack for something done in MIDI.

Doom Dude said:

If you get any of this working, you're well on your way. It's not all that hard once you mess about with it for a bit. Luck with it all. ;) Laters.

Thanks a million! this was very helpful.
I've never made any mod run well on that game, but it works just fine now. =)

Danarchy said:

Fuck yeah, Major Stryker. I played the shit out of the shareware version of that game when I was a kid. I even spent hours just listening to the jukebox that came with the game. It had a pretty fun soundtrack for something done in MIDI.

Heh, I did exactly the same. That game had kick-ass music for it's time.

Anyone ever played this?

Used to have lots of fun with friend in that game.

Stryker? Daaamn... I actually have the full version lying around somewhere. I should crack it out and give it a whirl again -- it's been a while. It was sorta taken over by Tyrian and Raptor once I discovered those... ;P

Ahcruna said:

That game had kick-ass music for it's time.

That's the power of Bobby Prince, baby!

Anyhow, it's been mentioned before, but Borderlands.

Home of ridiculous car 'crashes'...

... often-hilarious death positions ...

... and random boss glitches. But whatever, it's still fun for whatever reason. I'm almost tempted to start a "hey show off your Borderlands weapons" thread now... almost. :P

Ahcruna said:

Anyone ever played this?
Used to have lots of fun with friend in that game.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Jones in the Fast Lane. Such an awesome game! Though.. it can get a bit one-sided as soon as somebody starts to get in the lead.

Deus Ex. Nonlethal weapons and pistols. All weapons upgrades picked up go to pistol. Carry GEP and LAMs for robots and to conserve lockpicks. Difficulty normal. Playing style is that of murderous sociopath. Typically make all possible dialogue interactions before murdering.

I've tried on multiple occasions to beat this game. Something would always occur where I'd lose my save game, HD crash, etc.

Not this time.

Lucky Money special price:

Hehe... that game is fun to play in any situation, doing whatever the hell. I'm tempted to link DOUG the Eagle's page now...

Also, SENTRY GOING UP:

A genius glitch was introduced in the latest update that allowed for this sort of nonsense. No server hacks, cheats, or "premium features" involved. ;)