Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Florian

XWE hates Vista

Hello,

Well, a couple of months now I am having troubles with XWE. I have tried everything, but it just not seem to work. I also tried using SlumpED, but it turns out there you cannot save lumps as bmps for textures.

I get these errors:

After I pressed ok it starts up XWE and I get this error:

Then when I do anything like open a file it doesn't do anything and it just keeps loading.

So, what I did were these things:

In notepad say where the MainWAD is manually, save it on another root than C, run it as WinXP and even save doom2.wad in the same folder as XWE. Nothing worked !

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Florian said:
I have tried everything,

Everything doesn't really mean much. Have you tried all the XWE.INI options described here?

Thanks a lot ! I tried something in the OPTION and set two things to 1 instead of 0 and it worked.

Woohoo. Well then I registered this forum for three posts, haha.

All you had to do was right click on the program and then choose to run as Administrator. All that configuring is pointless. You have to run many programs as Admin and confirm with UAC to get Vista to do virtually anything by default. Honestly, how have you stuck with Vista without knowing this?

Sonikku7 said:

All you had to do was right click on the program and then choose to run as Administrator. All that configuring is pointless. You have to run many programs as Admin and confirm with UAC to get Vista to do virtually anything by default. Honestly, how have you stuck with Vista without knowing this?

Well, it depends on the version of Vista you have, mine I had to go into the .INI and change it, trying Admin didn't work.

I get the same thing with a laptop running with XP and a desktop running windows 7. I've never had this problem with my old vista. It sure is strange as hell, though.

DoomTroll said:

I get the same thing with a laptop running with XP and a desktop running windows 7. I've never had this problem with my old vista. It sure is strange as hell, though.

I am having about the same problem with my PC running 7. I am thinking of trying WXE on my laptop and doing the editing there so I can then transfer it to my main computer.