Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Okuplok

Speed of Doom demos [-complevel 9]

Feh, am I an idiot or something. Can't seem to be able to access the PG secret in Map 26 as well as the Soulsphere YK chamber secret in Map 20...I must be stuck on stupid or just getting hella rusty.

Khaoscythe said:

Feh, am I an idiot or something. Can't seem to be able to access the PG secret in Map 26 as well as the Soulsphere YK chamber secret in Map 20...I must be stuck on stupid or just getting hella rusty.

Map26: PG secret opens when you activate one of those red lights on the middle column. It´s one of the lights that looks differently from the others. (you can see the difference easily from longer distance)
Map20: if you look on the walls in the dark place near the Soulsphere and berserk, there is a visible green switch itstead of one of the bricks. :-)

Gusta said:

Map26: PG secret opens when you activate one of those red lights on the middle column. It´s one of the lights that looks differently from the others. (you can see the difference easily from longer distance)
Map20: if you look on the walls in the dark place near the Soulsphere and berserk, there is a visible green switch itstead of one of the bricks. :-)

*facepalmed* ...well, at least now I can go back to recording max attempts *w*

Fail Max in 8:12 on Map22. One monster refuses to teleport in the end. It wasn't the first time this happened. :( Anyway, I want it under 8 mins.

EDIT: The last cybie just killed me at 7:20, so I guess a good time would be around 7 minutes.

sd22fail.zip

Nice demos peeps :-)

And, dew! :o 16 seconds. That's better than best, and I got 36 seconds with tas :-/. Good stuff :-)

thanks.. i know i said i'd let others discover all the beauties of the wad, but this one was too strong to resist. :)

Just watched map13 demo for real, awesome route, I wouldn't have the guts to do that, although, it'd be nice to see if you can avoid telefragging that demon :P.

map15 uv-speed in 0:33

this trick is surprisingly easy if you do it this way and i left a ton of space for improvement, hint hint. :)

sd15-033.zip

No, my strategy was 45 seconds slower :-D
In my demo I went to berserk / Supercharge secret more directly and killed archies and other stuff from below. It wasn´t very clever because archies forced me to play safely and slowly on that part.
I have never been so good with making an optimal routes :-)
and nice demo btw.

a rather lame dead exit in map02 and slightly better looking map23 ;)

MAP02 UV-Speed in 0:17
MAP23 UV-Speed in 0:03

sd02_23.zip

oooh, that trick in 23 is sick!
i promised graim i'll post something if he starts recording on SoD, so here's a cookie. :)

map29 uv-speed in 1:24

sd29-124.zip

Graim said:

MAP23 UV-Speed in 0:03

Hahah, I was expecting some epic dodging through the map, but I didn't notice the time and then rofled when you just used an arch-vile jump to exit in 3 seconds X) Nice

ArmouredBlood said:

Hahah, I was expecting some epic dodging through the map, but I didn't notice the time and then rofled when you just used an arch-vile jump to exit in 3 seconds X) Nice

it should be emphasized graim gets a speed boost from a thing wobble on that imp. a simple AV jump isn't enough here, especially because the limited space to gain momentum by just running. a rocket boost should do the trick too, but graim's way is so much cleaner. in other words, this is fucking elite. :)

dew said:

it should be emphasized graim gets a speed boost from a thing wobble on that imp. a simple AV jump isn't enough here, especially because the limited space to gain momentum by just running. a rocket boost should do the trick too, but graim's way is so much cleaner. in other words, this is fucking elite. :)

Yeah I was wondering how he got blasted perpendicularly to the arch-vile. Great trick.

haha yeah, now i realize the boost isn't clearly visible for the first time, i could have noted that in the txt.
btw i was hoping to gain speed from the cyber's rocket more than anything else.. it's just a matter of trying to move anyhow towards the exit ;p

...yet another failure...I don't get as much time to run this map as I want to. The demo, on the other hand, should give you a good idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. Refer to the textfile for the 'excuse' for my sudden death...xP

Recorded using zDooM 2.4.1

Hopefully this damn thing doesn't desynch...it didn't when I reviewed it.

sod26totalfail.zip

Great demos guys! Good stuff.

I don't know Graim, but you're too modest :P, Map02's deathexit's hard to do, I can't do it myself no matter how many times. I'm not good at running into monsters for that additional speed.

Well well...turns out I have a demo here I never got around to releasing due to being lazy :P.

It's a UV-Max for map 20 in 9:44. Used the shortcut I utilized in my UV-Speed to get stuff rolling in the final area of the level while I did stuff around the rest of the level.

It's a couple months old and has some sore moments. Watch me basically waste a bunch of health packs in 30 seconds for some laughs.

On the plus side those barons & cybies guarding the exit got into some real nice infighting. That might make up for some parts of the demo at least.

Could see this going into the 8:xx range if someone poured enough time into it.

sd20-944.zip

nice demo, anima... and it makes an interesting point in okuplok's case when compared to his superhuman recording on this map.

dew said:

nice demo, anima... and it makes an interesting point in okuplok's case when compared to his superhuman recording on this map.

Did Okuplok make a max demo on this map? I thought it was PL map 20 instead of SOD 20? Or was it something he uploaded onto Youtube but not here/dsda?

Edit: PL2