Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Lost: Deimos Anomaly

Does anyone have any ideas where on level E2M1 (Deimos Anomaly) the actual anomaly itself is? On E1M8 you've got the little marble block with a demon face on it which presumably is the Phobos anomaly but on Deimos?
At one point in time I thought that the entire section of the level done in marble might be inside the anomaly. Following this line of thought you might say that every marble area on Deimos was there before UAC built their bases: they just built their installations onto the already existing marble structures.
Taking this a step further perhaps there are so many marble structures on Deimos because Deimos itself originated in Hell?
Any thoughts?

Well I think that when the demons invaded, they brought there own reality, and since Deimos vanished, lets just say that the demons decided to "re-deocrate" deimos, so they feel at home ?

Yeah that's a strong possibility. On Doom2 you can see the landscape warping the closer you get to the portal, each level being freakier than the last, so the question is how much of the original Deimos architecture remains - and is it enough to locate the anomaly?

Don't pay attention to that humongous upsidedown cross in the first hall that kill you after standing under it long enough...

Deimos looks the way it does because of the demons' reality. And Deimos was invaded before Phobos was, I believe, so that explains why Deimos is so much more freakier-looking than Phobos.
Hey, this is probably the reason why Phobos looks the way it does. The demons came and landed and it was only a short while before the base's reality was warped. Hell looks the way it does because the demons stole our technology and used for themselves. I'm not sure where Ep4 is supposed to take place or why it looks the way it does.