Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Download: nostril.zip (-complevel 9)

One limit-removing map designed for boom compatibility. Play Doom in my nose.

Spoiler

-bfg is at the end of the north, south, east and west corridor
-rocket launcher is at the end of the other corridors
-archviles spawn in all corridors after you press switch in every other corridor (zombieman corridor, chaingunner, imp, etc..)
-a second green sphere is in the water at the far north point of the map

Your stuff is always so weird. You'd probably make millions if you made paintings rather than doom wads.

Anyway, not posting .lmps because I haven't enough time to beat the map in one chunk, much less make multiple attempts for a proper FDA, but I find the map fun. And weird. Mostly weird, but it's all in good fun.

Your wad is really nice for a slaughter map, but killing a progressive number of Mancubus in many isolated rooms with unlimited Super Shotgun is pretty boring. I gotta try this WAD with AEoD someday. But I liked the WAD a lot, nice job.

Ribo Zurai said:

is pretty boring

This. :( There's a plenty of fun ToD maps out there. This isn't one of those.

You have a funny nose.

Did a few passages, got bored, did tntem and noclip to see what else was around.

Nice music.

Jodwin said:

This. :( There's a plenty of fun ToD maps out there. This isn't one of those.

Hey, I said that only keep killing lots of monster using the same weapon is pretty boring, but I am really enjoying the map at all. I spent 35 minutes only in the room of the Mancubus, and 1 hours in the Pain Elementals.

Sorry, I had to update the wad to make the green cacos spawn from the ceiling, oops. The updated version (same link): nostril.zip

Thanks guys and thanks for the demos! But, my dial-up internet won't load the mediafire pages. :( Wanna upload to another host AB and AZ? (Phml's host worked for me)

Here's the route I take:

Spoiler

-grab ssg and go to zombieman hall
-empty the first 8 rooms or so, then run through the rest of the rooms and get rocket launcher, then kill remaining zombiemen
-go to arachnotron hall, get bfg
-go to chaingunner hall
-go to imp hall
-go to lost soul hall
-go to nazi hall
-go to baron hall
-go to hell knight hall
-go to revenant hall (now archviles spawn in all halls)
-kill archviles/resurrected monsters in revenant hall, then baron hall, then hellknight hall, then the other halls that are already open
-empty the 8 unopened halls, save the shotgunguy hall for last
-empty the center and release/kill the cybers, archviles and green cacos by pressing the switches on the center pillar
-raise stairs, walk over line that lowers walls to outside, run around the outer center circle of the cavern to wake up spiderdemons, get invul and run to the red rock area to the left of the cyber hall
-run behind the wall (where the first white rock lift is) and kill as many archviles as you can before you lose too much health or the green cacos start swarming
-run down in the water and get invul, teleport back to center, run back down the same outside area and kill remaining archviles/spiders, and start killing green cacos
-stay in that outside area when you kill monsters (go towards the center circle carefully to lure more monsters to you)
-when all monsters are dead, go to every outside part and kill archviles and press switches
-kill green caco after all switches are pressed
-start going up the white rock lifts and kill cybers (careful not to push them off the cliff into the grass)
-to kill cybers you can press switch and run towards the cybers that teleport, run in circles around the teleport destination so that you don't get overwhelmed and have to run off the cliff, then run off the cliff towards the white rock lift that you just took and it will lower

Thanks guys, I'll add those demos to the zip when I upload to /idgames. BUT, I have a problem.

Here's an exit in 158:25 (2:38:25) but there are 2 monsters left and I don't know where they are. I used iddt after I lowered the exits but I couldn't see them and I accidentally walked into the exit (I used iddt because there were 274 monsters left when I started killing the cliff cybers, but there should be 272, and I have no clue where the leftovers would be). Is there a way to find out where the undead monsters are in the demo? I might have to edit the map depending on what monsters aren't killed.

Replay your demo with -skipsec 9480 (which is 158:00) and hit pause. PrB+ will let you navigate around the automap. You can type iddt in Pause mode to see Things on the map.

Ok thanks. I tried that, prb+ opens with a black screen and the demo progress bar at the bottom of the screen, but it's been 10 minutes and the progress bar is only about 1/4 of the way to the end. Is that normal or does my computer suck?

That's normal. It's stepping through the demo in the background without displaying anything onscreen. It'll take a while :P

On your demo my kill counter said 9271/9271, but there were 2 enemies left anyway: 2 zombie men stuck inside the greenish door toward the north.
Looks like a huge long battle map, but lots of repetition, so even watching your demo I fast forwarded a lot (but some parts were quite cool/ challenging looking).

Ok thanks, good to know.

ggg - why don't you have "smart totals" turned on in the Status Bar/HUD options? ;) Yeah, the map is very repetitive and probably isn't very fun to watch. It's more of an "exercise" map and a concentration test or something (like some of my other maps like dib28a map27 etc), instead of a "cool" or "fun" map or whatever. You can get the bfg in under 10 minutes and I almost never get bored when using infinite ammo bfg. The parts I have to concentrate the most for are the revenant hall (so you don't have to run all the way back to get more health), the cyber hall, and the part with all the green cacos and archviles (since you've been playing for over an hour, it's hard to concentrate).

About those two undead monsters: apparently archviles can resurrect monsters that are in sectors with 0 height (like a closed door)? News to me. So I changed the line action to "floor raise to 8 below lowest ceiling (crushes)" so that if an archvile resurrects a monster in those sectors, you can at least see the monster and shoot it in the 8 unit gap. I don't think any of the demos desync?

Download: nostril.zip (same link)

I'll keep trying for a max demo and then upload to /idgames