Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

Guardian frustration

What's the deal with the Guardian? I could not see how you could possibly kill this beast in less than, oh, hours. It's just impossible to get a decent shot after killing the seekers. I only managed it by cheating - noclipping up to a wall, THEN killing the seekers and shooting DOWN at the spot on the back of the Gaurdian.

I also was not a fan of being able to fall of the game-board, so to speak, in Hell. I prefer remaining on the game board. I just find it annoying to get pushed off the game.

Since you're carrying a stockade in your pocket, why lose everything when you teleport to/from Hell? We're not trying to be realistic, obviously, in this game, and since earlier teleports left all your weapons intact, this should be no different. And also, I wanted my damn flashlight, so I cheated it in. The game is just too damn dark without it.

Done rantin'. K thx bai. :-P

The Guardian is easiest to shoot from the side. You don't have to be dead-perfect accurate, you just need to land some BFG shots near the red glowing orb on his back. If you don't already know, you can go around the beam of hellish energy which teleports you to the boss arena to find another BFG and some additional ammo for it that can really help for the fight. It's best to use the chaingun on the seekers, since rockets miss too easily.

audiodef said:

Since you're carrying a stockade in your pocket, why lose everything when you teleport to/from Hell?

It's an old tradition, from Doom 1, where each new episode is started from scratch (that old conundrum WHY YOU'RE WEAPONLESS WHEN YOU TELEPORT TO DEIMOS OR RAPPEL TO HELL), and more clearly from Quake 1, where again each episode is started from a shotgun start, even if it's the same game session.

Ah, I missed the BFG. I was wondering why I found a BFG ammo cube and no BFG. I figured I'd missed it and cheated myself into having one.

What does BFG stand for, anyway? Big Fucking Gun?

I was going to say that he's a cinch to kill with a few rockets if your aim is good, but apparently to still need some practice.

Yes, BFG means Big Fucking Gun.

Or, in the spirit of deathmatch gaming worldwide, it's Big Fraggin' Gun.