Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xit-vono

Official Demo Request Thread

@Never_Again:

Would you consider posting the NDCP Max demos on the Russian forums over here so they can be uploaded onto DSDA? I watched through them, and they were great. I'm considering uploading Nikolay Kamnev's (Heretic) Map 32 Max onto my Youtube channel.

Edit: Seems like the project leaders are Heretic and Skepticist. I guess it'll be their say in the matter.

I'd like to see Equinox MAP13 Speed - any skill above Hey, Not Too Rough

SOD-24 (UV-MAX)...just because I don't have the time and I want to see if anyone figures out what I have when it comes to breaking the map. Way too many failed demo attempts on my end...

Plutonia MAP16 stroller :P

I'll try tris, too, but the amount of luck needed gives me little hope. I have two funny cheated demos which I'll show if no-one does it by the end of 2010.

Yeah, I recall trying that one when we did the original stroller pack. It should be feasible with enough attempts, but possibly not too much fun.

Another stroller in a slightly similar vein is ksutra map23.

I wondered if anyone had a demo for this map?

sac_bld.wad Sacrifice in Blood wad by Gray Lancer (Jon Washburn) 3/26/01 release

Nicely done large map. over 500 uv monsters. about 30 min max runs for me, but of course I have not taken any time to polish my runs. I just stumble around in there.

Demos?

I remember playing around with that wad some years ago back in HS. I'll fire it up and see what I can do...

Edit: Never mind. I can see why no demos have been recorded for this map. I suppose it's fine for casual play, but a UV Max demo...yuck. Too much effort on the aesthetics by the author, but the gameplay is balanced poorly. Not my cup of tea for demo recording.

Looked around in it. It's basically all shotty/chaingun until you open the last few rooms of the map. I'd estimate nearly 300 monsters, including 4 arch-viles would have to be killed/run past. Even then the only option is SSG, as there's no plasma and only 8 rockets in the whole map. And that's disregarding the randomly scattered ammo pickups. Not too appetizing for a max, though speed could be interesting. No berserk or even a chainsaw though ... bleh. Just my opinion though.

First blood! ;)
sac_bld.wad by Jon Washburn AKA Gray Lancer - UV "Speed" in 6:38 (heh)

Qaatar said:

I can see why no demos have been recorded for this map.

Ha! That's exactly what I thought after about five minutes of trying to FDA it. Not a bad map, but the monster/weapon/ammo balance indeed leaves much to be desired. And there's a lot of copypasta, too, which makes a lot of places look the same, pretty easy to get lost. The yellow key room is a bitch, BTW.

A UV Max might be interesting to see as well, but I guess it wouldn't be a demo you'd want to watch over and over again. ;)

Here's another ridiculously tedious map that I tried to UV-Max, but gave up on: Jade Earth

Maybe one of the more hardcore masochists on this forum would like to give it a shot? Vdgg seems like a prime candidate, given his ridiculous c224-5543. :)

didierbertrand said:

is someone able to finish pl2 map 14 on nightmare.
impossible or what ?
i've tried many time, i always die once i get the yellow key.

Quite sure Graim, dew, Kimo, etc can easily do it. People just haven't given Pl2 very much demo attention since it's currently undergoing bug fixes.

Qaatar said:

Quite sure Graim, dew, Kimo, etc can easily do it. People just haven't given Pl2 very much demo attention since it's currently undergoing bug fixes.

heh... easily. i'd probably try the slower red key trick by jumping on the imp window, then rj'ing for less health, but i have no doubt i'd die in the exit room every time.
another rather, erm, optimistic assumption is the claim that pl2 patch is being worked on, sorry. :)

dew said:

heh... easily. i'd probably try the slower red key trick by jumping on the imp window, then rj'ing for less health, but i have no doubt i'd die in the exit room every time.
another rather, erm, optimistic assumption is the claim that pl2 patch is being worked on, sorry. :)

Huh? I remember Myk saying something to the effect of: the patch is as certain as death and taxes...

I hope you're just being facetious? I don't really follow the other forums very closely.

It will happen. There was a bit of a lull from my part as I've been adjusting to a new job, but summer is coming here.

Never_Again Thanks for doing the speedrun on that map. I have to agree ammo for a max is a bit scarce. I am glad I am not the only one that had second thoughts about max runs.

Well, the ammo is indeed a little tight, but it's the least problem. I imagine the tedium of shotgunning hundreds of Imps and Demons is what turns most players off this map.
Anyway, I warmed up to it a bit and did this:
sac_bld.wad - UV Max in 24:07. Second exit. Initially the time seemed too slow, but after replaying the demo I realized I was lucky get even that. As you can see, I exited with quite a few shells left. :)

Nice Run. Thanks.

My average runs tend to be in the 30 to 40 Min. range with is why I thought I might be just very slow on this map.

The map is very tedious. Great to have the demo, thanks.

A strange fsckup on my part, turned out that I even managed to delete the LMP at some point, good thing the Recycle Bin hasn't been cleared in months. ZIP re-uploaded, same URL.
Sorry for missing your post, thanks to vdgg for pointing it out.

vdgg said:

Plutonia MAP16 stroller :P

I'll try tris, too, but the amount of luck needed gives me little hope. I have two funny cheated demos which I'll show if no-one does it by the end of 2010.

Last room looks insanely hard for me, the rest can be done in almost reliable way. (see attached demo)

plutonia16strollerroute.zip

"Almost reliable way". I think if you can reach the blue yellow door and open it 30 (thirty) times in a reasonable number of tries, you are likely to make it. One of those thirty times you'll get lucky - blasted by the arch-vile when still over 44% health wearing blue armor.
You may make the following experiment - using just one savegame make a TAS. How many tries will it take for you? You may use my best try, as I got to the blue yellow door in a better shape. The problem is: reaching the blue yellow key door means about 100-150 fails (for me) and way too many times getting hit by revenant rockets which I personally hate. So Grazza was right :)

mystroller.zip

Memfis said:

Hahahahaha!

Plutonia MAP16 Stroller in 1:03

rofl this was fantastic! looked like you had a quiet walk in the level indeed!
oh and the run is a reality100 movie too

Yep, I should have said "yellow key", not blue. Wow, congrats! The time is good, too, and also I find it funny to watch it with the automap.

haha, that is incredible! totally should've used some archie boosts with your health surplus. :)