Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Rodi

Skulltag issues

Hi guys, Ive recently just installed skulltag but whenever i click on one of the servers when i open skulltag it says C:/Program Files/Skulltag/Skulltag.exe is a directory or does not exist.

What does this mean and how can I solve this?

For extra information I have downloaded the most recent version and I got the game off steam because of the id deal I couldnt refuse!

Mr.Rodi said:

Hi guys, Ive recently just installed skulltag but whenever i click on one of the servers when i open skulltag it says C:/Program Files/Skulltag/Skulltag.exe is a directory or does not exist.

I believe this issue was recently fixed. The problem is the space in "Program Files". I think you can fix this by adding quotes around the path to Skulltag.

Im a bit of a noob with directories etc, how do you mean with this and by sorting out quotes?

Mr.Rodi said:

Im a bit of a noob with directories etc, how do you mean with this and by sorting out quotes?

He probably means you modify the launcher's setting that you go to where you specify where the game is located and quote the entire string.

Ok, so how would I go about doing this and if anybody has written this already and knows of a link, would it be possible to post the link? Thankyou.

1. Start Doomseeker.
2. Click Options
3. Click Configure
4. Expand the tree for "Engines"
5. Click Skulltag
6. In "Path to client binary:" (on Windows this may be just "Path to binary:" I can't remember) add quotation marks to the beginning and end of the path. So it should look like this including the quotes: "C:/Program Files/Skulltag/Skulltag.exe"
7. Click apply and close the dialog, joining servers should now work.

Edit: If that doesn't work did you install Skulltag somewhere other than C:/Program Files/Skulltag/?

it worked thankyou, but now it wont let me get into the server because of particular WADS and IWADS missing, so i let wadseeker try to find it and a window just pops up immediately saying:

CRITICAL ERROR: No target directory specified! Aborting

Is this a problem or should i find a link to the doom2 wads, I have doom games on steam, this shouldnt be a problem should it?

I recently discovered doomseeker and online multiplayer for doom. I Had lots of fun playing with others until i broke it. I started changing file paths and now it just endlessly cycles through downloads over and over again. Also how do i add engines in Doomseeker? Do i just add all doom related paths to file paths in app? I tried uninstallaing doomseeker/restart/reinstall. It reset back to c: on installations yet notifies me that D://Programs ss a folder or does not contain binary file.