Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, as the title says I did cheat in some of my non-tas demos here. Sorry for that guys, I didn't want to cheat in my runs. I was regretting mistakes at the end terribly and changed the last parts of the runs with my excuse of "I could've done it" but I really shouldn't have done that, everyone must have had bad moments too. That never did make me satisfied and and left me always sad and Concerned for being dishonest. I regretted it more When people in the "Prove Yourself" were saying they trust everyone in here.
I decided to confess about my demos instead of hiding it for the rest of my life

I hope you guys will still trust my demos in the future

I cheated in these runs which were all failed normal attempts originally, All for Compet-n except the last one
e2m7-013
n1s8-048
ep3-0347
pa05-025
ps18-009
s231s010
What should happen to these demos at DSDA??

And while at it I will point out to Andy some false info about the engine I used to record some of my old demos (Doom2/Prboom+) just to be fairer for all people involved. I will send him the details
But for vdgg cn21-052 and cp21-042 EDIT: cp21-039 too were recorded with Prboom+ 2.4.8.5 and thus should be disqualified from 'Compet-N /incoming results'

in ep3 I got nervous near the end in e3m7 and also failed the jump at the end twice cause of lost souls, I orignally got 3:59 and I changed e3m7 starting from the fall after the blue door :P here's the orignal demo ep3-0359 if you're interested
I recently tried this episode and got 3:48 =) which I should post in the c-n thread

I'll repeat this: I hope you guys will still trust my demos in the future

The sad part of the story is how silly it was. I mean, you're posting demos for only two years and yet you have accomplished amazing tasks (if we cross out the demos you listed above). I was going to create a "Best demos of 2010" thread in December in which I already called you a "Sedlo of our times". So cheating was not necessery in your case to gain respect as a superb player.

I feel lucky now that for some odd reason I haven't watched ep3-0347 (!) Also, Hitherto's intuition was correct as he did question your Class_ep demos if I remember.

Even though you made this post because you felt uncomfortable with your dishonesty, I am still amazed you did it - you admitted your dishonesty. Thanks for that. This is a positive side of the story.

What should happen to these demos at DSDA?? Eh, they should get a TAS mark, I guess.
I don't know what to say more, it's a difficult topic to say the least. Can't wait for myk's, Hitherto's, Vince's and Grazza's opinion.

Brave decision.

Well, I think it's good time for you to buy web camera and prove yourself several times. Btw, E3 run fits for this just fine. Also some long enough max is strong argument too.

vdgg said:

What should happen to these demos at DSDA?? Eh, they should get a TAS mark, I guess.

That works for me. Done.

I can't say as I blame you, Kimo. The reason I moved to TAS demos is because I didn't like the idea of playing a level over and over just to get a better time, yet when I played carefully enough to succeed the results were often boring.

So Vince was right after all ;-)
I remember our discussions about new c-n players and legit playing..

Good decision to come out about this though Kimo, now show us that ep3!

On a side not, I guess my demos were too ugly for people to be suspicious :D

I'm careless as far as this goes really ...as there is no way of proving if someone cheated or not. No matter the talent you really can't start pulling off incredible runs. Problem is runs like that looks effortlessly enough for most people to belive in at the same time.

Whenever I see something I usualy do recognize when too many situations gets played out too favorable for the recorder. As I know the variance\randomness of this game, after having played it in so many ways for so many years.

It's really hard to point out to someone, and making a discussion about it every time would just turn out to be a flamewar. Between longtime players it's another thing.

It's great that you admit it by all means, just a few *grows up* like that ever.

Yeah, it's a really good thing to tell the truth, thank you. But, you shouldn't have cheated in the first place. I agree with Hitherto and think it would be good if you post some videos of you playing live.

It's really hard to point out to someone, and making a discussion about it every time would just turn out to be a flamewar. Between longtime players it's another thing.

If there's doubt about other people's demos, I think it could be a good thing (could) if there were discussions. It would give players an opportunity to defend themselves or delete all their demos and leave the community forever. Either way, I think it could be a good thing.