Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tehdrunkdemon

Custom Monsters

Yes and no. You can use XWE to turn your sprites, sounds, scripts & etc. into a wad, adjust sprite offsets and tweak scripts. To create the sprites and sounds - or convert them from unsupported formats - you'll need other tools.

GreyGhost said:

Yes and no. You can use XWE to turn your sprites, sounds, scripts & etc. into a wad, adjust sprite offsets and tweak scripts. To create the sprites and sounds - or convert them from unsupported formats - you'll need other tools.

To create monsters from existing monsters and use them in a wad, should I use XWE or DeHackEd?

For sprite swaps and behaviour modification of standard IWAD monsters (and if you want to maintain vanilla compatibility) I'd use DeHackEd. For major modifications you'll need a port-specific scripting language - like DECORATE, which can be edited in XWE.

GreyGhost said:

For behaviour modification of standard IWAD monsters (and if you want to maintain vanilla compatibility) I'd use DeHackEd. For major modifications you'll need a port-specific scripting language - like DECORATE, which can be edited in XWE.

Medeival imp warriors are based on imps and caco-cacodemons are based on cacodemons. So for medieval imp warriors and caco-cacodemons to exist and maps in which they are used to be boom compatible, I should use DeHackEd right?

If you're going to necrobump a thread it might help if your contribution is somewhat relevant.

BTW - Nutcracker's approach works, you just have to rename the lump afterwards.