Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Last Doom Wad you played

I'm playing Crusades by suggestion of Super Jamie. I love it a lot! Also I used to bash people for saving and loading but I'm starting to pick up on that habit again. But as a handicap I've chosen not to load any games unless I'm dead first.

40oz said:

Also I used to bash people for saving and loading but I'm starting to pick up on that habit again. But as a handicap I've chosen not to load any games unless I'm dead first.

That's because it's so fuckin hard! :D I also don't like constant save-load, I only do it for long maps. If I'm playing a collection of maps like an episode/megawad I handicap myself by saving at the start of each level only.

pizzabob18 said:

Just played "doom 2 in a nutshell". Pretty amazing map set so far

I loved this too :)

I am currently doing an honest playthrough of hell revealed. I admit to have never really played past the first few levels in the past, and I now want to add this wad to my little list of classic megawads I beat.

I am up to map 21, and all I can say so far is: there is nothing like blasting down hoards of monsters to rad Rise of the Triad music. Too bad the music seems to have ended after map 20 :(.

The near-finished version of my map myself and Jodwin have collaborated on.

I've just finished up Scythe 1 in Scoredoom, man was map30 hard.

Edit: I was using the Add-on pack along with the "no infighting" mode in case anyone was wondering.

Mock2. I think map38 is the best, funny as hell. Also... Long Days from Eternal (great!).
Now I should play more serious wads.

Recently play the TNT2 demo for the first time. Maps are pretty good although map1 feels cramp and a bit big for a first map(luckily its being revamped according to the website). Too bad the project has been inactive since December :(

My loss of my PS3 controller last year rendered me unable to play Doom for quite some time, but my wired 360 controller finally arrived today. So I totally fired up Claustrophobia 1024 and continued my file from a year ago, where I was at Map22.

I found Map25 to be horrendously unfair at the beginning (I just can't see how a pistol start on UV is possible), and I seriously ran short of ammo at times, and that was with me going in with a rather full arsenal.

Map26 had me stumped for quite a bit, coz a switch I needed to throw had been covered in Baron's blood and I couldn't see it as a result.

I played quite a bit of Map27, but I was slaughtered after the Arch-Vile teleported in, and decided to retire for the night. I thought it was a rather awesome level though, and I look forward to playing it when I resume tomorrow. :D

I beat Scythe 2, and now I'm currently running through Alien Vendetta. I'm past the two secret levels at the time being.

Currently playing Alien Vendetta + Scalliano's ZMWR. Up to Map20 so far and loving it.
I've also just finished END1.wad, and I was amazingly surprsied by hard it is for an E1 replacement.

Currently playing Dark7MPK with the same mod, haveing beaten the first one during the week. It's intriguing how a completely random spawner can have such a sense of occasion:

Spoiler

Flight powerup and LoS chaingun boss on the train level :P

I'm up to Map20 of Alien Vendetta as well with Scoredoom and the addon pack.

I really, REALLY hate that level.

Played PSX Doom and Final Doom for the sake of nostalgia. I didn't remember it was that hard in UV with the PSX controller.

I'm finally past that damn pyramid level in Scoredoom AV, but now I'm at Map25.

Feel free to check out my high scores at the Scoredoom page.

Edit: I'm doing the "No Infighting" mode, not Hardcore mode. (I'm no speedrunner) Oh, and make that Map28. Two more maps and I get to move on to Kama Sutra.

Yesterday I coop Chex Quest with my girlfriend via a Skulltag LAN server just to see if I can set up a wireless LAN network between my labtop and my sister's computer.

I finished up the rest of my Alien Vendetta adventure in Scoredoom, and at the boss I just fired a nuke missile from my BFG into his brain and that was it. (The spawned minions don't give any points, anyway.)

Next up, Kama Sutra. *dreading map31*

Edit: I forgot to mention that Map30 of Kama Sutra's gonna be much harder with the add-on pack because I remembered many of the cyberdemon-class replacement bosses being REALLY annoying, especially the Scourge, the Cyberbot, and the goddamn Annihilator.)

I played through Drip Feed by iori yesterday. I loved the architecture and the feeling that it conveyed to the player while roaming around it. Awesome fun and awesome map :)

I have been playing Kama Sutra with Scoredoom. Current progress so far? I got past both secret maps and now I'm at map16 (I used the map command to warp to map32, which scoredoom, thankfully, didn't disable the highscore thing.)

Never_Again said:

Congratulations, this is definitely news material!

Hehe, that was kinda funny. But I did not make MAP28 of WOS. Kristian made it.

I just beat it again in 18:12 without saving on UV. 100% kills and secrets. I recorded a video of it in hypercam but the video didn't come out properly so I had no choice but to delete it. Really sad about this. It was a really fun playthrough.

This was the first time I beat it without saving. My health went down to 9% at one stage.

I'd have to give it another go and record a demo of it in Zdoom, and aim my video camera at the screen. Put the video into Adobe Premier Pro and then upload it to youtube.