Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Yeah, please use Vrack2b. If not, it would be like using the old versions of Scythe2 or Alien Vendetta. It's the one most people should have on their hard drive, anyway. By policy, Ty replaces older versions of WADs, so it's kind of weird that the first release wasn't taken down.

More Mock2 demos from me:

Mock2 Map01 Tyson 0:40
Mock2 Map04 UVspeed 0:15
Mock2 Map16 UVmax 0:45
Mock2 Map34 UVspeed 0:13
exe: zdoom 2.4.1

morm2demos.zip

A couple of more random demos that I made recently.

Shai'tan's Luck Map20 UVspeed 0:25
exe: prboom-plus 2.5.0.6

Whispers of Satan Map35 UVspeed 1:00
exe: zdoom v2.4.1

slwosdemos.zip

Philnemba said:

dib28a map02 UVspeed 3:13
exe: zdoom 2.4.1 <snip>
Also be sure to playback this demo in fullscreen because it will crash in windows mode due to a bug in version 2.4.1(thanks Never_Again for pointing that out).

I did my own compile to incorporate the single-line message fix and it doesn't crash. The message fix probably has nothing to do with it, it must be the compiler - mine was done with VC++5 Express Edition. You can avoid crashes with the standard compile by starting ZDoom in windowed mode and playing demo with the console command playdemo.

"I recently watched ob14-uv and it has to be the worst demo I ever presented to the public."

Obituary:
MAP08 UV Max in 5:26
MAP14 UV Max in 9:40

If you guys think this WAD is softcore enough, why not record something, like MAP15 Speed for example?

obticmax2.zip

Ha! I didn't fully appreciate your fine sense of humor, vdgg, until I re-read your notes to this map in the obticdp maxpak. The night is gone, but after seven exits I got a time I'm happy with.
Obituary 1.1 by TiC - MAP15 UV Speed in 2:46
I hope watching it will be at least half as fun as recording it was. ;)

edit: forgot the map#

I didn't expect such a quick response - thanks for the demo, Never_Again, which is very cool! I didn't know one may retreat "climbing the blocks backwards" after picking up the yellow key.

Vrack2b UV Max...

vr2-2354.zip

Cool I love the Vrack demos. Grabbing it now.

I can't find a current demo request thread so here goes. Sorry if I am blind or just stupid. Mod's please split this off if you think it is needed.

I have been playing an interesting, nice looking, classic styled map I re-discovered on my hard drive today. I haven't played it in a year or more.

The map is:

bypain.wad by Patrik Höglund, it runs on map 16.

If you don't know his work you too should "discover it". Most of Patrik's maps are good. At least in my mind they are. Especially Blinded.wad and embrace.wad

Max, because of ammo, is somewhat hard but not impossible.

A large nice looking, somewhat complex, level of mixed architecture, mountains, base, sewers, etc. Fun map. Around 200 UV monsters.

Anyway, my average runs in there stink, (15~20 min.) and I was wondering if any one had a max of this map "rotting" on their hard drive they would care to share. I had one very cautious, low health run today that ran 28 min. What a wimp! Playing like a scared little girl.

If not this one, runs on maybe any of his maps?

I am fairly sure a good player could do this map in somewhere around 10~12 min. or so, or maybe even less.

Edit: I have the couple of DSDA runs.

Whoa, what a nice map! A real treat for the softcore crowd, too. ;) Thank you for your request, Searcher; I might have never known about it were it not for you.
I was going to put a "they don't make 'em like this anymore" in the TXT, then glanced at the WAD's filestamp - 2004, heh. I'm making a note of the author's name.

As for the ammo ...

Spoiler

there is plenty of it. Enlisting the first Cyber's cooperation resulted in 27 surplus rockets on exit.

bypain.wad by Patrik Höglund - UV Max in 9:06

Did my own run of bypain.wad here. Didn't know there was one done recently until I finished my run and checked here.

Time for my run comes to 7:54. Plenty of chances to improve the run here I'd say.

Pretty good map too.

bypn-754.zip

Wow! Excellent gentlemen, thank you very much Never_Again and Anima Zero. I really appreciate it. Hopefully a few other people will enjoy these runs and these maps. Thanks. Grabbing them now. Both those times certainly show me how bad my runs are. I sure enjoy a good demo.

Searcher said:

Wow! Excellent gentlemen, thank you very much Never_Again and Anima Zero. I really appreciate it. Hopefully a few other people will enjoy these runs and these maps. Thanks. Grabbing them now. Both those times certainly show me how bad my runs are. I sure enjoy a good demo.

Yeah great runs but apart from their undeniably skills, did you ever opened that map in an editor? ( "first try demo contest:http://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=2414." )or http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/49306-first-attempt-demos/. Not that it would change a thing (I'm afraid but here I come)

Yeah great runs but apart from their undeniably skills, did you ever opened that map in an editor? ( "first try demo contest:http://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=2414." )or http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-sp...-attempt-demos/. Not that it would change a thing (I'm afraid but here I come)

Completely strange post. What do you mean by it?

vdgg said:

I didn't understand it either, maybe Searcher did?

I think he's challenging someone to FDA it, which is odd, as Searcher specifically requested a max.

I have no clue what he meant by that. No I have never opened it up in a editor. Is there something really interesting in there Coldfusio?

My runs look enough like an FDA it scares me, and I know the map. That is why I requested a max on that one or any one of Patrik's maps, I play them all.

Thanks again guys for the runs. Those runs surely prove there is plenty of ammo in there.

Great stuff on Equinox. Wonderful movie. And apologies to vdgg for the awfulness of the demo I sent showing how to get the last imp on map07, and leaving you to work out what was required. I barely had time to record it and send it before I was called away from the computer - I didn't even have time to check to see how exactly I had woken the imp up!

I'd guess that cyber-while-invisible on map04 must have ruined a few runs.

Hitherto said:

Completely strange post. What do you mean by it?

I'm sorry for not being understandable. What I meant was that I couldn't believe that an unknown level could be finished within 24 hours in two amazing times just by playing them a few times.

Grazza said:
...apologies to vdgg for the awfulness of the demo I sent...

Oh, come on. Many thanks for the demo and leaving just a bit of detective work for me. And could I figure it out all by myself? The answer is "no". :)

I'd guess that cyber-while-invisible on map04 must have ruined a few runs.

Actually the odds of surviving are high, about 70%. At first I had a heart attack every time I was on the lift. Then I learned the cyber is usually away when the lift rises - this is the only luck-dependant moment. Before this movie I wasn't even scratched 5 times in a row. As for the battle which follows, the invisibility doesn't last long with my strategy and I got killed only once, I think.

Awesome!

If something surprised be in particular, it was the "easiness" of the pain elemental room in your demo. And why the hell I thought you must take the rocket launcher near the start? Fantastic demo!

Edit: Let me quote one /idgames reviewer: "I prefer to say that it's a 12 maps pwad... with an extra map for aliens!!!"