Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Clonehunter

Can't Run Demo

I just installed the Doom 3 Demo on my new computer to see how the hardware could handle it, so I could have an idea of how it run other games, as well as Doom 3. However, when I tried to run the game, I got a message that said: Doom 3 Has Stopped Working, and then it closed. I'm running off a Vista. I downloaded the Demo from Cnet, where I have downloaded it from before. It had always worked then.

Okay, now I uninstalled it, tried the File Front download which also didn't work, so I went to Activision, but there download didn't work either, giving me an error before it could install...

Can some one help me with this please?

Really? Shit. So in other words, I need to buy the game, and then download the patch?

Thing is, the demo worked on my LapTop which was also vista.

No, I mean that the game itself is a later version, but the demo was never updated. Maybe the demo works on some Vista systems, I dunno. But yeah, you're gonna have to buy the full version.

Shee-it! Thanks though. I have actually been looking at copies on eBay. I just wanted to know how it run on my computer though. Oh well. Thanks for the info. :)

Well, after looking some more, some seem to have made it work, so keep trying. I just know after many failed attempts I gave up, and eventually just got it in the id Super pack.