Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Just a waste of time to read this!

Ooooh yeah. And yikes, now you'll have more time to focus on HPack and order us all to keep moving.

Is [Stronghold] single-player compatible?

Torm, did you make the picture for the Stronghold countdown? If you did, would you mind putting up a version without the numbers? I'd love it as a desktop wallpaper! :)

esselfortium said:

How come the "!" character doesn't match the thickness or placement of the other letters? :-\

That's the problem when working in a haste and not double checking if the font has all signs in.. -_- ..fortunately not that important ;)

DoomHero85 said:

...Hey, PFL. Check WIP a little while back.

Call me rubbish but I can't find it! :(

It's killing me that it's to be released on Sunday as I go away to the Highlands of Scotland on that very day for 3 weeks with no access to the interwebs!! Years of waiting and I'll have to wait another 3 weeks longer than everybody else!!

Tormentor667 said:

That's the problem when working in a haste and not double checking if the font has all signs in.. -_- ..fortunately not that important ;)

Seems important enough for you to post that same image every single day though.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Can't wait to play that Tormentor techbase map 50 more times.

I'll download it and give it a try as soon as possible. I can't say I haven't been waiting for this, however, I must say I... Well, I disagree pretty strongly with what I've seen in past screenshots. I can easily fathom that I may be wrong, and I am still holding on to that little bit of hope that this will be amazing.

I would be lying to say that my first expectation is to be immediately floored, though.

How come youre making giant wallpaper sized pics to countdown the days before you release your stuff instead of making sure your project doesn't have similar errors to what essel described in your pic?

PFL said:

Torm, did you make the picture for the Stronghold countdown? If you did, would you mind putting up a version without the numbers? I'd love it as a desktop wallpaper! :)

Yeah, I gotta admit that would look pretty good as a wallpaper sans the advertising.

40oz said:

How come youre making giant wallpaper sized pics to countdown the days before you release your stuff instead of making sure your project doesn't have similar errors to what essel described in your pic?

So much fucking this.

40oz said:

Do you really think the project didn't undergo any playtesting, considering it took so long to finish it?

40oz said:

... instead of making sure your project doesn't have similar errors to what essel described in your pic?

What do you think have we done the past weeks and months?

Jimmy91 said:

Compatible? Yes. Easy? Balls no. :P

No horde of roaches or soul harvesters is gonna scare ME off. The marine can handle thousands of monsters with his rocket launcher ;)

I'm going over to zDoom to see what's this all about. I've become interested now that I've got a confirmation it supports single-player. Name reminds me of that Warcraft 2/3 orc central building.

Tormentor667 said:

It's more than that. I joined the team on June 20th, 2008. We've pretty much been quality testing since then.

The only reason this might be noteworthy gameplay-wise is that it's not normal Doom, so I'll hold until I've tried it before I'll say that Tormentor fell flat...again. :P

Tormentor667 said:

Inducing unnecessary hype.

Not that I think Stronghold is going to suck, but if you think people have been desperately F5ing your website and counting down every individual day until this thing gets released then you are completely full of yourself. You're not the only one who contributes to the doom community. I've been releasing maps at a regular rate that have been getting pretty good ratings and reviews, however i do it purely for fun, not for fame. I like when a lot of people play my projects but I don't need to brainwash them into think it has to be good because they took me longer to make.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
40oz said:

This right fucking here.

I mean honestly, this was started in what, 2004? I understand alot of work must go into something like this, but 6 years borders sarcasm. You really want to know what I think you've been doing in the past weeks and months? I think you've been dicking around, playing fucking space cowboys with the other team members in this monster of a project for at least 50% of this project's development time.

Fisk said:

...for at least 50% of this project's development time.

Reality check, Buster:

People have lives. They cannot devote all their time to making Doom projects so this accusation borders on insult.

I have a life too, that's why I've learned to make my maps fast so my mapping doesn't interfere! Almost all of my short single player maps took me less than 7 hours each.

So? You make small maps and others need more time due to the complexity of the stuff they make. Hardly comparable.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Graf Zahl said:

Reality check, Buster:

People have lives. They cannot devote all their time to making Doom projects so this accusation borders on insult.

Reality check, Graf:

It's taken the man 6 years to produce a collection of maps that are arguably on par with some of the "okay" maps hitting the Doom scene around 2001. And instead of working on polishing his maps and making them the best fucking maps he can possibly release, he is spending that time posting stupid huge images designed to hype up his project.

40oz said:

Not that I think Stronghold is going to suck, but if you think people have been desperately F5ing your website and counting down every individual day until this thing gets released then you are completely full of yourself. You're not the only one who contributes to the doom community. I've been releasing maps at a regular rate that have been getting pretty good ratings and reviews, however i do it purely for fun, not for fame.

Do you have evidence of only doing hype? You seem too much an anti-ZDoom zealot at the moment too IMO. People get excited of their own works, it's normal they want to share, and it often appears as thinly veiled self-promotion. Personally I think that the project went on for too long (special Cacoward anyone?) so a loud release announcement was really something curious people wanted to finally see.

As said, people have personal lives. More relevantly, mapping inspiration is not always available. So mapping stagnates.

Fisk said:

Reality check, Graf:

It's taken the man 6 years to produce a collection of maps that are arguably on par with some of the "okay" maps hitting the Doom scene around 2001. And instead of working on polishing his maps and making them the best fucking maps he can possibly release, he is spending that time posting stupid huge images designed to hype up his project.

How much time do you think he actually spent making the images versus the amount of time he spent working on the project? If he wants to post giant images every day before the projects release, its unbelievably arrogant, but I don't think it will effect the quality of the finished project.