Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wesleyjohnson

When next release

When will be the next FreeDoom release? Nov, Dec ???

We have a few new levels now. I am curious as to how Map13 will be received.
Is anyone been testing my map13 ?? I would rather know of things to fix
now rather than find out a week before release.

Are the other new levels close to being done ??

There's no date set yet... although I'm hoping the next one will be 0.7 rather than yet another 0.6.x release; there's some nice major changes for 0.7. Getting doom.wad (Ultimate Doom support) at least as far as doom2.wad currently is would probably speed things up....

All maps will be tested before release. There are few maps with even less work done and are currently not exitable.

All the extra music will be in. Final doom support will be sorted, its currently buggy on DOS ports.

It will be awhile to get all this stuff done and wait for the more maps to finish.

I noticed that my map14 (levels/jond/map14) is not linked into any level slot. Can anyone recall if it ever was? If so, can anyone remember when it was removed?

Some reason I never understood is when someone makes a tiny/huge fix for a map the map is put into that persons directory. So if a dozen people make a tiny fix, there are a dozen different copies in current revision.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freedoom.git/commit/?id=88070c93b0dd92093922b9e55cfa8b7a1b7bbad7

Ive managed to work the status pages a bit and added stuff that I know of. Original author name, and list of people that made fixes. Hopefully this is all correct...Just now noticed some mistakes.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freedoom.git/tree/status/levels_list

I think for map statuses Ill just give them one author, unless someone massively modifies the map.

Catoptromancy said:

Some reason I never understood is when someone makes a tiny/huge fix for a map the map is put into that persons directory. So if a dozen people make a tiny fix, there are a dozen different copies in current revision.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freedoom.git/commit/?id=88070c93b0dd92093922b9e55cfa8b7a1b7bbad7

Yes there's no good reason. It's a relic of the way things used to be done, I think pre-subversion. For the same reason I don't think we need the symlinks, just a good record of who edited or contributed to what. There's the potential for a lot of cleanup in the tree. There's a stale branch in the old subversion repo where I reworked things to not use symlinks as a start. I might try to resurrect it.

I notice that there are still many placeholders for FreeDoom 1's music tracks, so feel free to use my Dave3D stuff for that too if you wish.

Ya I only did doom2 for now, when im up to it ill finish off the doom1 music.
Unless someone really wants to make a git patch and do all the symlinking. The plus side to doing the work, is choosing what map each song gets.

If someone made a Freedoom1/2 map and wants a specific song, I can relink it.

Poking this so it does not go off the end of the posts page.

I would like to propose - August - as a target date, or at least some time in 2010.
Some of us have gotten significant work done and hate to see it just sitting there, waiting indefinitely.
My MAP13 will be a year old in Sept.

Guys could you hurry up with the next version? Don't mean to sound rude but I really want to see this game completed. Also, who made MAP30 so damn hard? It's a pain in the ass to get to the icon of sin and there's way too many puzzles. I think that the map should be simpler with more action and less wandering around or getting lost.

Don't mean to sound rude but asking the project's few contributors to hurry up is unlikely to achieve the desired result.

wesleyjohnson said:

Poking this so it does not go off the end of the posts page.

I would like to propose - August - as a target date, or at least some time in 2010.
Some of us have gotten significant work done and hate to see it just sitting there, waiting indefinitely.
My MAP13 will be a year old in Sept.

I think that would be a good target (and a fair point)

Catoptromancy said:

The major fixes are a bit buggy though. Once those bugs are smoothed out I think a new release will be in order.

Can someone who cares come up with a (finite) snagging list of things that need to be fixed for the next version?

Poke -- It is August, -- time for a FreeDoom release, maybe.
It has been 10 months since this thread was started.
We have new spider-demon now, MAP09, MAP13, and others.

>>> MAP28 the spirit world in dev zok

Checking the map list i was wondering if you already got the last map i submited of map 28.

i already finished the map tought i change some things in the DMflags. but the only thing i need know how difficult its now the level cause i remove some monster here and here for easy, medium and hard.

i think my strong point its doing base theme maps but i think theyre all done :P i dont make too much hell theme maps its a little difficult for me but i can do it anyway. (if there its a chance of a map what need to be done and its a one with base themed plz let me know :D i would love to make that map)

well here is both maps uploaded 15 and 28 in one file so you can have the latest build of map28

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQ5XTCQ9

Catoptromancy said:

Nice mapping on MAP28! Was a bit easy after blue key, and then just gets really easy after next key.

Found a bit of sky HOM. http://ftpusers.coffeenet.org/~cato/freedoom/screenshots/DOOM01.png

i cannot reach to see the hom effect there >_<. yeah i know its a bit easy cause i think read the level was so hard but i think you guys wasnt talking about map28, i remove several monsters what have a bit of changelle because i think they was the ones who made the level a bit hard. when i finally get to see the hom effect in that screen im going to make the fixes in no time.

The crushing orb insta death trap was only thing gameplay wise that probably needed fixing. The old skill levels were likely fine. Would it be possible to readd those things?

Do you happen to have an old copy of MAP28? I would like to fully test it with the old item/monster placement.

Catoptromancy said:

The crushing orb insta death trap was only thing gameplay wise that probably needed fixing. The old skill levels were likely fine. Would it be possible to readd those things?

Do you happen to have an old copy of MAP28? I would like to fully test it with the old item/monster placement.

no i know doom builder2 make backup of the wad but i never save a copy of the map but its just for example in the room where 2 chaingunners teleports well instead of chaingunner was Revenants, and the same with the part where 2 revenants come out, in that place was Baron of hell instead Revenants. its just matter to place them again only in hard mode as well added more monsters in some places i left empty.

the orb thing i change it a lot i removed the bars who close when someone come in, but now im made obtainable, to get the invisibility without die you have 2 forms: first run and get out asap or when you enter first time on the blue part you see the skull wall open and letting out an imp and 2 chainnguners where chaingunners come out. there its a secret door (i made it more obvious now with the textures) so that room its a secret and contain more ammo, backpack and teleport behind the door of invisibility so you can get there get a little bonus items more and get the invisibility without risk.

im going to edit right now map28 adding more difficult for hard mode. if its there something that i can add let me know

I think that my MAP09 and MAP13 can be marked DONE in the status pages.
I do not know of anything to fix at this time, so I am not working on them (so they can't really be in-dev anymore). I will be looking for things to fix after the release, and so will remain as maintainer.
I seek further commentary and play reports.

(Every time I play it, I get ideas on things to change, but I am going to wait with that. I really want to reorganize some of the weapons placement. Try to delay getting the plasma gun in MAP13, without messing up the map, or introducing double-doors or other strange things that do not fit into the earth-city theme. )