Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moebius

Render stopped working in DoomEdit

After years of making maps using DoomEdit it stopped rendering. If I press F7 the camera window title switches from CAM to RENDER but no rendered image appears. The image is locked, also. If I move the camera icon around in the XY window there is no change in the camera window. If I hit F3 it goes from RENDER back to CAM and the image updates to whatever the camera icon is looking at.

After looking everywhere for a function I might have undone I resorted to unloading Doom 3 and reloading it. I tried using the editor with just the basic CD-ROM install as well as after loading each patch. I just can't get anything to render in the editor. The game plays fine.

Is the something in one of the *.cfg files I need to add/change?

Pentium 4 3.2GHz
2G RAM
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

Do you have Windows7/Vista? I've not been able to use the in editor renderer since I switched from WinXP to Win7.

Bingo!

I didn't load anything so I never considered it. I checked my Windows update history and it shows "nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU" on Monday, September 6, 2010. Guess I need to check those automatic updates from now on before I let any load.

So I loaded an older nVidia driver set from March of this year and render works fine in the editor.

Thanks for the help, should have considered display drivers as a culprit.