Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Thank you, Never_Again!

I just have a soft spot for movie runs

Yeah, I like them too. And UV Speed Movie is my favourite sub-category. But there are so few nowadays! So, when I want to watch one, I record one ;) MM2, Darken2, Crusades and Mordeth (in this order) would be great to watch, maybe I'll gather myself and succeed...

Looking forward to ep4, whenever it's done ... and some time to watch all four in a row.

You'll find the last episode below. I warn you not to watch it with Choco, though (visplane error at the end of E4M4).

2002ADO
Fourth episode UV Run in 32:55

+

E4M1 (Play School by Paul Corfiatis) Pacifist in 5:18 - don't miss this one!

ep4run.zip

Mini-level megawad
Map01 UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:04
Map05 UV Speed in 0:12
Map09 UV Speed in 0:14 + Reality and MMH 200% :P
Equinox
Map02 UV Speed in 0:05
Map02 NM Speed in 0:05
Map02 NM100S in 0:06
Icarus
Map01 UV Max in 2:46

kimodem3.zip

vdgg said:
Because I survived, I killed a zombieman with my BFG. Is this reaction normal?

It is indeed normal when you do it against Tommy Trooper, guilty of having abducted you're [sic] wife Stephanie :p

Fine movies. I was reminded that I had found episodes 1 and 2 the most entertaining, though I recall having a less positive impression of episode 4 than I got now. Episode 3 still has too much crap, though. They all have some good levels, in any case.

Thanks vdgg! I do plan on doing more WOS runs soon since I have the motivation for speedrunnning again. Might try WOS Map28, but that sniping Mancubi makes it hard. :(

My farewell to 2002ADO - E2M1 Pacifist in 1:52. It may look like a nice improvement over my old 4:10 demo, but it is a lazy one, not very good.

a2d1p152.zip

vdgg said:

Escape from Castle Chezcrea by Creaphis, UV Max in 11:06

Nice improvement! You use the rockets well, and I like that you punch out the final pain elementals - something I've never had the courage to do.

vdgg said (in the demo's textfile):
...even though [this map] looks in places like a preliminary mapping exercise...

So true. When I look back on it now, the copy-pasting, poor layout and the lack of playtesting are a little too obvious. I'm still very pleased with a few parts of it, though: the first archvile fight, the conveyor room, the secret areas and the "boss fight" against the three pain elementals. I don't think that friction has to be off-limits when designing fights. I will agree, though, with anybody who wants to say it, that fighting in the sewer tunnels is a pain in the ass.

...exiting when dead adds to the aesthetics of a demo according to Creaphis...

Haha, I have made a habit of that haven't I? I don't know what compels me to end demos that way. The artist in me enjoys ending demos in an absurd and dramatic way. The pragmatic speedrunner in me considers this as a clean way to wrap up the run - once I've done everything that I have to do, I might as well leave. The competitor in me does this for the same reason that football players intentionally fumble the ball after a touchdown, and then call it a "spike." The psychologist in me, though, thinks that the real truth is that I'm venting some unhealthy unconscious tendencies, and he's probably right.

Mini-Level Megawad
UV Max
Map 30 in 1:07

----------------------------------------------------

Just a quick head's-up, I'm currently working on Requiem Episode 3 UV Max. Yesterday's attempt was terrible. I died before I could kill the final boss due to crappy spawns like spiders and pain elementals. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, I ended up missing an imp in Map 21 that teleported too late into the baron/hell knight room.

----------------------------------------------------

lm30-107.zip

DoomHero85 said:

30lvls.wad map 10 NM-speed in 0:24

Nice one. I wished I've realized sooner that taking that middle path to the lift would be easier since none of the Spectres woke up on that part -_-;

Phml said:

30lvls map03 UV Speed in 0:55 (no teleports)

Nice route. Here's 0:49. I expect a mid-40's from someone with better strafing skills. Route credit goes to Phml.

30l3-049.zip

DoomHero85 said:

Try map 26, I'm working on a run of it next.

30lvls Map26 NMspeed 0:42
exe: Chocolate DooM v1.3.0

I'm pretty sure this can be improved so knock yourself out trying to beat it ;)

30l26-042.zip

Philnemba said:

30lvls Map26 NMspeed 0:42
exe: Chocolate DooM v1.3.0

I'm pretty sure this can be improved so knock yourself out trying to beat it ;)

I lack patience and time when it comes to recording demos, so this is the best I've gotten thus far in 40-50 minutes of work:

Map26 NM Speed in 0:30. Better players can easily attain 29, but I think to go any lower would require a different route.

30l26-030.zip

what is this supposed to be? oh, a bandwagon! *jumps*

30lvls map10 nm speed in 0:21

the cybie is hilarious. still improvable! the naming convention sucks, though.

30l10n021.zip