Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

A more violent approach? aBRASION Test - GET IT!

Ladies and gentlemen of the like, it's been some time since the days of Doom 2.5...

Thusly I present screenshots of aBRASION, a work in progress and reasonably ambitious project for EDGE that's marginally manlier than thrusting at oncoming industrial appliances.

Questions and comments... You know what to do.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/kronos22/

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit (4th November 2010):
Well, I've cleaned it enough to release it so your taste-buds can constructively criticise it. It's about 45mb and I'd recommend a clean install of edge 1.34f and a Doom2 Iwad.

ENJOY!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOURFOOD

Enemies and weapons and their animations look amazing. All u need now are some maps to really put the weapons and enemies in a suitable environment.

The music just wrecked that vid, as well as preventing us hearing the sounds of the enemies and weapons.

But great stuff tho. :)

Ol' fraps seems to be having some trouble not recording from the mic, so the music covered the sound of key clicks and the little bouts of coughing. I couldn't think of anything fitting other than elevator music, so whatever came on at the time of it's creation went along with it. Next video, I'll do you proud.

Looks mighty sweet! And a lot like XIII - mixed with the Doom gameplay, I think we may have something super-terrific in store..!

This looks pretty damn amazing. That borderlands style shotgun in particular looks pretty cool.

The soldiers greatly remind me of the ones in Half-Life, based on their uniform.

The soldiers should - about 50% of the soldier's model has been unchanged from the half-life ones... it's a place holder more or less to see how interactive these guys can be made. Apart from throwing grenades, reloading and booting the player in the face - If the player hasn't been spotted and you're timing's right - they can be grabbed, and used as a meat shield - or if you can't be bothered carrying them around or don't really need the fleshy buffer - the option is there to neck break. :p

Is that the old guy from Opposing Force?

anyway looks good! I liked the MGS-style alert (!)

No no opposing force base models... yet. If you dig the alert - you'll dig the silent takedowns, well - when they fail anywhoo...

Wow! This is pretty badass! I love the cel-shaded art-style for the weapons. This mod makes me want to re-download EDGE. I hope you get around to changing the textures and the various background objects and whatnot.

1.34f is the version I'm using - straight from the the sourceforge site.

Thanks Lizard - Did you not do a similar sort of mod? I can't wait to get around to the level textures and whatnot either... So much work to be done.

Hey, welcome back Kronos. I still have all the DOOM 2.5 resources (including the unused). Let me know if you want me to send you a download link.

I like the pictures you're showing.

KRoNoS said:

1.34f is the version I'm using - straight from the the sourceforge site.

Thanks Lizard - Did you not do a similar sort of mod? I can't wait to get around to the level textures and whatnot either... So much work to be done.

Yeah, I'm making a cartoony mod for Zdoom. I made one for EDGE a long time ago, but it is god-awful and shitty compared to the one I'm making now.

Ooooh... I don't know Vegeta, sprites are awesome - but atm I'm rocking a rather pointy vertice for models.

Lizard - Your mod is looking good - Diggin' the intro.

New video up - with WORKING SOUND! Oh, calloo callay! So you can hear sound fx and whatnot without the brutally metal affluence of Macabre gnashing the sensitive matter betwixt your ears...

Just a minorish sort of update so you can see what's been crackin'

Ak47 - It's been changed - I didn't like the old one, seemed fitting until a few models were overhauled an just wouldn't do.

G3KA3 - Also overhauled, although I don't think the old one made it into the screenshots or previous video.

Soldier with Curt Stache - Gave him more polygons and redid his face to something a little more detailed - when he reloads although you'll rarely see it the clip comes out, gets pocketed and replaced with a fresh one.

Crackin' - When you see it you'll know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwwwilIlS9U

If the video looks like ass - once again 480p

Comments, questions as always - you know what to do.

:p

I'm so gagging to play this one. Kronos, when are you planning on releasing???

Still have quite a few things to tweak, refine, replace and even scrap. Not much point in releasing a level that has 2 rooms, but only one with furnishings and props.

I'll be releasing a test of some descript in the next week or so just to show off little things, welcome feedback, sport ideas etc. etc. I'd say give it roughly another week and I'll release a little taste of aBRASION.

KRoNoS said:

Still have quite a few things to tweak, refine, replace and even scrap. Not much point in releasing a level that has 2 rooms, but only one with furnishings and props.

I'll be releasing a test of some descript in the next week or so just to show off little things, welcome feedback, sport ideas etc. etc. I'd say give it roughly another week and I'll release a little taste of aBRASION.

I can't wait, it looks like a lot of fun.

This definitely looks amazing, I hope you finish it and I HOPE some decent mapper makes use of the weapon mod to create a mapset with it (Of course a decent mapset). Good luck

It does look really pretty. A nice cartoon texture pack would be the perfect compliment. Is there such a thing? :)

Sweet. I love the mechanic of being able to use enemies as human shields. Really great idea, and by the look of it, some pretty clever DDF work too.

I love it! The models are great. I love those smooth textures. My one complaint is that strange face down coffin pose the guys make when they are dead. Other than that I love it.