Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Doom Movie question

QUestion on the Doom Movie (This is probally best place to ask as it was mostly based on Doom 3) But, who did the 'Hell Knight' mutate from? Everyone else was mostly identified, But I don't remember if he was... ANy Ideas or speculations? (And I'm not asking for Doom Movie Hate posts...)

Not too sure exactly, I always considered it to be a random instance to mix up the monsters.

EDIT: The Hell Knight was transformed from Curtis Stahl, a multiple murderer test subject as explained in the wiki article Here

Not sure how accurate this is (I'd have to watch the movie again) but that's the best I could come up with.

I'm pretty sure it was the inmate "Curtis Stahl" I believe his name was, considering the video log of his current mutation (*sigh* Way to fuck it up boys.)It seems the imps were derived from the scrawny tech/scientists of the base, and seeing how Stahl was a little bit more beefier, and thus by the genetic mutation it could amplify that tissue into well..the hellknight. I'd rephrase and say it was a possession, but...that's wishful thinking with this movie script. :(

Based on Doom 3? Flashlight attatched to assault rifles?! C'mon! What kinda concept is that! Totally not realistic. It's either gun, or flashlight. Not both, Because you need one more hand for that cigar or flipping the bird.

I don't know, the movie actually seemed a bit more real than the game (Albeit mutating creatures and a space arc). I agree wioth those who say the guns in game should have flashlights taped on 'em!

(Wait, were you being sarcastic?)

lol, yeah it was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

I do agree, it does take a more...Scientific and Realistic approach to the story, but in the end if you make a movie directly based off the video game, then stick to it I feel. Especially one such as Doom, where the fan-base is incredible since it's release. I get the story is supposed to attract Doomers and Non-Doomers alike, but i'm sure if they would've stuck to the game and got a good writer along with director, the fan-base itself of the games could compensate the uninterested non-gaming public eye.

They probably did the mutation story to avoid the whole concept of going into hell, us Doom fans would probably want the movie to show plenty tech and hell areas which is literally forcing the directors to turn Doom into a Lord of the Rings type with 3 movies released to tell the whole story.

I didn't like the whole mutating humans plot did irk me some but it's what we gotta work with.

In the end, atleast the games are still the games. (if that makes sense?) If we dont get a game movie, we get the game itself.

Korblox10 said:

Wai-what?there is a movie?AND WHY I WASN'T INFORMED?!

Because it sucked shit and effectively had nothing to do with Doom.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

I always thought that as a movie, it wasn't too bad, but compared to the video games, I wasn't too impressed. It's something good to watch when there's nothing else on.

I have the same view. Just ignore all the references to Doom and it becomes a mediocre sci-fi film. Not all that great, but its not the worse thing in the world.

EmZee712 said:

They probably did the mutation story to avoid the whole concept of going into hell,[...]

That, or going to hell would be too politically incorrect for Hollywood. Either possibility seems plausible.

I think the hell concept should be allowed in Hollywood I mean we do constantly release movies that involve Greek gods and making them have DIRECT contact with humans. I would love to see the last marine beat everything up in hell, even if he's not wearing any green armor.