Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

microdoom

hm...tried to run it on windows 7 and it froze when I click the mouse :(

I think its because of an error when I open the program; failed to initialize direct music audio

Gamemaker games are known to have problems on Windows 7 (and Vista sometimes)

Your best bet is a VM session of XP or another PC running XP.

Pretty fun. I'd have liked a larger view but otherwise it was neat. Any more levels planned?

Xtroose said:

Nice. I would love to see the entire episode finished.

I've got everything I need to do Knee Deep in the Dead, it's just really time consuming to translate the maps. It'll probably be an off-and-on project if anything, although now that I got everything working the way I want it'd be pretty much smooth sailing to do a whole ep.

Weird that you have that sound error, magicsofa. I run it on windows 7 just fine.

Impie said:

Weird that you have that sound error, magicsofa. I run it on windows 7 just fine.

I was trying to play on the computers at my school's library so they probably have some ass-backwards set up going on :P

(for example, I've seen those computers take over an hour just to log someone on. WTF)

magicsofa said:

I was trying to play on the computers at my school's library so they probably have some ass-backwards set up going on :P

(for example, I've seen those computers take over an hour just to log someone on. WTF)

christ, what else is new? school comp labs have some kind of worldwide policy about hiring the least qualified people to manage their networks and machines.

Coopersville said:

Make the doors open automatically.

Aren't you thinking of quake? Or are the doors unresponsive when you run it?

Impie said:

Aren't you thinking of quake? Or are the doors unresponsive when you run it?

I was more suggesting that you have doors open when the player approaches them as opposed to hitting the spacebar. That is, if you go ahead and make a full version of this game.

I'm probably going to leave them as-is to keep the reproduction accurate. Of course, it'll be a while before I finish the episode anyway. I might finish several new things before I finish this one....

now comprised of e1m1 and e1m2. please note the invisibility powerup doesn't work yet, and ammo/armor is not carried over to the next level. those features will be implemented if i finish the thing.