Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomguy97

Doom style comic?

Hey. I wanna make a gory and hideous doom styled comic.
NOT A DOOM RIP-OFF!!!
I need help with story and ideas and characters.
I wanna make some really gory things, so be prepared >:D

doomguy97 said:

So essentially the whole thing. Awesome.

Howaboutthis:

Story: Doomguy finds himself in some techbase with a pistol and 50 bullets.

Ideas: Uh, he kills monsters. A lot. Very bloody.

Characters: Doomguy and his pistol, who he believes is sentient and can talk to him.

So, in less words you want to make a ero guro dojinshi of doom?
Not a bad idea overall, only bad shit that is ero guro, or almost something really goriest...

EarthQuake said:

It also needs Japanese school girls and cacodemons.

You think the same thing i wrote above, huh?

Well...I was thinking some more detailed,I'm going to skip my own comic and go straight at making a doom clone.
Story:space marines at military base on eart,earth has been occupied by demons.They fight around time to time.Suddenly base get's attacked every spacemarine dies except one who hides in hte severs.He walks down there killing finding weapons...Until he finds the(Quess what,You guessed right)BFG!!!!!and then he meets the cyberdemon :O

May I reiterate my previously stated belief that the more numbers you have in your username the worse your posting will be.

The reason people are bashing you is because you've come to the table with a bad idea that you expect everyone to run with and execute for you.

It's not necessarily a bad idea. It's just really vague. Which is ironic because that's all a Doom story needs to be... :)

Bank said:

May I reiterate my previously stated belief that the more numbers you have in your username the worse your posting will be.

The reason people are bashing you is because you've come to the table with a bad idea that you expect everyone to run with and execute for you.

The reason that i got numbers in my username is becuase doomguy probably is used,So then i added my birth(1997)

doomguy97 said:

The reason that i got numbers in my username is becuase doomguy probably is used,So then i added my birth(1997)

The point is that you did that as opposed to thinking of an original username, but that's really aside from the point.

Listen, if you can show us some drawings or storyboards or really anything you'll be in the clear (well, maybe that's a little generous.)

Umm...I'll go for the story that i told you.The reason i want a little story is because the doom comic(Original one)Kinda sucked!And i got a friend which is PRO at drawing.He had beenInterviewed by The papers.And he has been talking to alot of good artists

doomguy97 said:

Just post it here. I hate pm's

Uh, no. What I meant is: You give ME details, and I try to write them inside a narrative. You'd probably want to PM me, unless you want to spoil the entire plot.

or better yet, he could just practice writing or drawing on his own time and not have to outsource everything.

Bank's right, too. If you want to start a thread about doing a new Doom comic, post storyboards or sketches and see what people think. Don't post a general idea for a project and ask everyone to pitch in and basically do the work for you if you don't wanna get bashed. Pretty sure that happens often enough in the Doom Editing sub-forum.

"I got an idea for a Doom map with lotsa revenants! Somebody should make it!"

"Why don't YOU make it?"

"Cuz I'm lazy :D"

Annnd ribbing ensues.

I wouldn't say those DeviantArt drawings suck--granted, they're not the best DOOM drawings I've ever seen, but they're far from horrid.

FUUUUUUCK!!! :(
I had all plans made up and suddenly my friend(That draws things) Wouldnt join me anymore :( Just suddenly he says no!
I am sorry...
BUT! I will try to do something else for doom :) So be on watch Cuz Ill be back >:D

I concur, the drawings definitely don't suck. They're some of the better Doom fan drawings I've seen, actually.

doomguy97 said:

Just rip ideas, characters, themes and plot elements from every piece of Doom Work, EVERYTHING, and some Quake stuff too, like characters. The SKulltag bots could be characters too. FOR story, borrow Doom 3's story and mix some Doom MOvie and Doom 1 elements, and possibly some art styles from the comics. Betruger could be an antagonist of sorts again. FLynn could be your main guy, followed by another Campbell, Swann, Crash (Quake), Seenas and Synas from Skulltag, Chubbs, and of coure cameos of the iD team like Romero and Carmack.

NOw how's that for a realistic approach?