Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

prb+ question [dead player exits]

There is a well known glitch where player exits a map dead either by blasting himself over exit trigger or such. I wonder how come I can't use this in prb+ - I just fly over the exit without triggering it. I do can use it in zdoom so I wonder if there is any option which is supposed to be turned on manually. (version 2.5.0.7)

It sounds like you have the option enabled to prevent the player from exiting dead, and are not using a complevel that automatically turns it off.

With any complevel below MBF, the player will always be able to exit dead. With MBF or higher, it depends on the individual compatibility setting ("Dead players can exit levels" - set this to "yes").

If you simply want prb+ to behave like vanilla or Boom, use the relevant complevel. In both those cases dead players and zombie players can exit. The most notable difference between Boom and vanilla in this respect is that in Boom corpses can slide through things (so it is easier to exit dead in some cases).

Yeah, thanks. I checked that option but it still did no change at first. I wouldn't ask if I'd not try to turn some random buttons on and off. However it took me a little to figure out I had to start a map again instead of loading a savestate of map which was originally started with this option turned off.

I can't imagine why being able to stop dead players exiting levels is a desirable option to have. Anyone have any good guesses? Is it for multiplayer, or deathmatches, or something?

I agree this was a poor feature to add, even if Lee had implemented it as I presume he intended.

I'm sure he meant the effect to be only to prevent zombie players from exiting (and he named it accordingly in MBF). After all, arriving on the next map as a perma-zombie isn't generally speaking much use. If the exit fails to work when the player is a zombie, then he can take this as a signal to pick up some health, and then exit, and so start the next map as a normal player. But this is a very rare scenario, and I doubt that anyone has ever benefited from it.

I can kind of see some logic in this (cool though playing as a zombie can be somtimes!). But as implemented, it benefits no one and breaks some maps that use it deliberately and prevents a sometimes useful trick in others.