Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Lost in Cheogsh 2

I started to play Cheogsh 2 because it looks better than the previous WAD (altough it was great too), but I lost!

I could finish the introduction, but I can't continue the Border Village level! I went EVERYWHERE! I found a yellow key, a red key, but to go to new areas I'm need a motherf*cking red SKULL KEY! which I can't find nowhere! I found secret places too, because I tried everything, but I CAN'T CONTINUE THIS F*CKING LEVEL!

I love these detailed WADs like Cheogsh 2, but now this WAD pissed me off...

I am dissapointed, I thought that a new Cheogsh wad called "Lost in Cheogsh 2" was being made. I guess I should have realized that there was never a "Lost in Cheogsh 1"...

Go to the link below to see a list of videos that walk you through all of "Cheogsh 2" (and "Cheogsh" and "Realm of Cheogsh" if you type them into the search instead).

Walkthrough videos

Don't give up! "Cheogsh 2" can be confusing at times, but it's worth playing through. The videos helped me out in a couple spots, thus making the WAD more enjoyable for me. Hopefully, they'll help you out, too.

Map 02:
The red key is inside the demolished house near wall with tower (where soul harvester is). It may be seen in the house' wallcrack, and to grab it you must jump inside that house from the roof of the neighbour-building.

bgraybr said:

I am dissapointed, I thought that a new Cheogsh wad called "Lost in Cheogsh 2" was being made. I guess I should have realized that there was never a "Lost in Cheogsh 1"...

heh, I already waited, who will be the first, who say that :D

And thanks for helping, guy :) I forgot to search on YT because there are a lot of WADs which don't have video gameplay

bgraybr said:

Actually, a joke WAD could be made called "Lost in Cheogsh 2," and would focus on being...lost in "Cheogsh 2." I say this because, out of all three "Cheogsh" WADs, "Cheogsh 2" was the only one I got lost/confused in...several times. I dunno if anyone else shares that sentiment hahaha but I couldn't resist commenting on bgraybr's reponse to the title of the thread.

Shadowman, if you're reading this, don't take this as an insult to "Cheogsh 2." Even though I got confused in it at times, I still really liked it (as well as the other two in the trilogy), and would play it again. It was visually stunning, the music was epic, and the game play was quite challenging and involved, and I do like that (even if it can confuse me at times).

Okay, I got it. And my only word is: RIDICILOUS!

What were they thinking?!

fullmetalvaran33 said:

Shadowman, if you're reading this...

Not Shadowman was insulted! Me! :D

fullmetalvaran33 said:

...don't take this as an insult to "Cheogsh 2." Even though I got confused in it at times, I still really liked it (as well as the other two in the trilogy), and would play it again. It was visually stunning, the music was epic, and the game play was quite challenging and involved, and I do like that (even if it can confuse me at times).

Yes, I know, and I agree that, but I hate these key hiding techniques...

You aren't insulting me at all. On the contrary - if somebody will make a joke-wad on a "Lost in Cheogsh 2" theme - I'll play it with interest :)

Shadowman said:

You aren't insulting me at all. On the contrary - if somebody will make a joke-wad on a "Lost in Cheogsh 2" theme - I'll play it with interest :)

It's nice to know you have a sense of humor. Some authors would take offense even though, it's not really necessary.

I hate to resurrect an old post, but I believe that may be better than posting a new one.

I think this author (like many others, I'm sure) is AWESOME! These levels are amazing!!!! However, *ahem*, it is a complete goddamn shame that this wad is an "I'm-fucking-stuck-AGAIN!!!!" fest.

LOL, this wad is so amazing that I have spent countless hours exhausting every resource I have (Google, YouTube, Doomworld, Etc.) in trying to find out one simple question...

"Where the FUCK do I go????"

In my humble opinion, NO secret should ever be more find-able than "The Way To Fucking Go!"

But despite my best efforts, the "New City Of The Damned" proves to halt my progress again and again. Making this wad (very sadly, as it is amazing level design) VERY useless to me...

No one wants to be stuck...

No REALLY, no one wants to be stuck.

In case I forgot to mention it to any authors reading this...
NO ONE LIKES TO BE STUCK!

All I want is the answers on where to go, but even if I found the answer, it would just lead to another, "Where do I go?" scenario...

I have seen the walkthroughs online, but they are so slow that I would have to quit my job to afford enough time to review them start to finish. As such, I can never tell if I have missed something or not.

After finding both the white and black keys in the "New City of the Damned" I am still stumped...

Thanks for an awesome wad. Next time, make something I can call my favorite! You are so capable of it! I just don't like running around doing nothing, and sincerely, if I could find out how to beat this wad from start to finish, it would be one of my favorites and gain an instant 5 star rating from this doomer!!!

Hey thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I have used both the white and black keys.

I have to cheat for the white key, because when I am teleported to the cage, it doesn't trigger the "waves of darkness" (using most recent GZDoom engine).

I know where the Bone Labyrinth is, but I don't know how to legitimately get there. Perhaps I should wall hump the underground tunnels?

If you have a black skull key (it is in the Bank of New City), you should go to the New City's prison (№3 at the map), climb down a hole in the ground and go to the house of Brotherhood "Skull and Bones" (to the east). There is a plate that opens a grate to the Labyrynth (building № 13, point "e").
Good Luck!

Farkin' Schweet!

That totally helped! Although, I crawled all over that map. How did i miss the prison, lol?

"You'll never get out from the Labyrinth of Bones"...

...At least you were honest about it :)

I have to admit, you've stumped me again **

It's a small space within the Labyrinth section that is on the South-Western quadrant of the map. The one with the skull switch that lowers a pillar you can ride up to find an invisible teleporting linedef that just spits you out the reverse direction you were going.

It's a small area though, so I should be able to find that one on the video :)

Thanks, again, for your help.

BTW - Did you do most/all of the work on this wad by yourself? Either way, phenomenal job!

VylePhinder said:

No one wants to be stuck...

No REALLY, no one wants to be stuck.

I like to be stuck. :)

Processingcontrol said:

I like to be stuck. :)

LOL, that was awesome, I actually really Laughed Out Loud :)

Shadowman:
No need to answer my above question. I just finished beating it, and I saw the credits! Great game!

Thanks for the awesome wad!

-------------EDIT-------------

I do have one more question, though: What happens when you get and where do you use those four white soul gems you can find in the New City of the Damned?

=================================================
I do have one more question, though: What happens when you get and where do you use those four white soul gems you can find in the New City of the Damned?
=================================================
Keep the soul gems - it is useful for the final battle )

I just wanna say, I just got through beating Cheogsh 3 and I got to say: You, Sir, are really a great author. I loved it, and I, personally, enjoy the gameplay and all three of the bosses!!!! Great Job!