Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revved

Doom 2 Unleashed + 2048 Unleashed demos [-complevel 9]

PCCP Map 33 UVspeed in 1:02
PCCP Map 40 UVmax in 10:19
exe: zdoom 2.5.0

Since Paul finally released the final version of this wad I can post up these nearly one month old demos. Both are improvable so feel free to try and beat em :)

2pccpdemos.zip

Map 37 UV Max in 3:48
Map 39 UV Max in 5:04

I suppose there is no way to watch them without "-nomusic"? Damn, Extended Demo Format makes me so lazy :)

Memfis said:

I suppose there is no way to watch them without "-nomusic"? Damn, Extended Demo Format makes me so lazy :)

A feature you could request I suppose in the Prboom-plus2.5.0.8 thread in Source Ports Thread Topic.

Not a bad debut, new Norwegian speedrunner! Your demo has good smooth movement, though you can do it faster by not missing these two shellboxes. This way you won't have ammo shortage, and will be able to shoot-on-moving more operatively. Also, the detour to chaingun will become unnecessary.

Didn`t even notice that I missed the box until you mentioned it! Haha, so that`s why I suddenly was out of shells...

Snakes said:

Ah, this is a fun map to speedrun :)

PCCP MAP05 UV-Max in 2:02

Near 1:55 should be optimal.

It is fun :)
I got 01:56 earlier today, but I hit the exit switch after the third ssg shot at the very last mancubus, thinking he would die, but he didnt :( 98% kills..

edit: and I fumbled alot in that run, so I think 01:50, maybe even closer to 01:45 is optimal ;)

Hm... Could be. That run I posted was about my 10th overall attempt, second exit. I'll give it a looksy later on this week.

More Pcorf Community Project demos

Map 12 UV Max in 3:24*
Map 14 UV Max in 5:29
Map 18 UV Max in 4:57
Map 21 UV Max in 3:37

*Map 12 is 97% kills due to 2 unkillable imps

pccprev2.zip

PCCP map05 UV-speed 0:22

Kinda crappy, but yaaay, its my second demo ever ;P

I have another one where I finish at 0:23, but I somehow skip a linedef action so the revenants does not pop up. Its just that its on the 4th try or something in the demo and I have no clue how to cut only that attempt out. Well, whatever.

edit: oh yeah its pacifist too

pc-022.zip

darkreaver said:

Its just that its on the 4th try or something in the demo and I have no clue how to cut only that attempt out.

You can't. Well, there are ways you could chop the previous tics out of the demo, but it would desync due to the discrepancy in the PRNG.

If you're recording demos, you need to quit the program after each failed attempt, and restart.

Cyberdemon531 said:

Also, does anyone know how to load maps 33+ in prboom without a crash?

Use -nomusic. Or go full TimeOfDeath and use -nosound :)

34 and 35 will work without those parameters but the maps will not have the intended music.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

Use -nomusic. Or go full TimeOfDeath and use -nosound :)

34 and 35 will work without those parameters but the maps will not have the intended music.

I did that, but 36 crashed in the middle of a 4 minute recording a few times :/

That sounds like a problem unrelated to the map being on slot beyond 35. Do you get any error message after the crash? Do maps 37-49 work without crashing for you?

I was able to go through the whole map without problems using glboom+ (both with and without recording).
BTW, were you actually talking about map36 of PC_CP2? That map can surely be completed a lot faster than 4 minutes, especially by someone like you.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

That sounds like a problem unrelated to the map being on slot beyond 35. Do you get any error message after the crash? Do maps 37-49 work without crashing for you?

Some sort of CWVIL error, if I recall correctly

BTW, were you actually talking about map36 of PC_CP2? That map can surely be completed a lot faster than 4 minutes, especially by someone like you.

Was doing tyson :P

Cyberdemon531 said:

This demo crashed right as I exit the map with this error
http://puu.sh/lYbzP/d4d56c6d24.jpg

Huh. To me, it's not that much of a problem. I have a demo for Map 49, where they same thing happens. It still crashes at the end, but the demo is still fully recorded. I just use advanced HUD when looking back to check the actual time.