Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karnizero

[RESOURCE] Asiatic-looking resource thread

Since Fuzzbal doesn't like my cute textures and stuff into his thread, I move them to this one.

Anyone can share here, but please, only post textures, sprites or anything else that has something in common with China, Japan, Vietnam, Korea etc...

So here we go:

(moved from Fuzzball's thread)

Some Japanese and Chinesse looking patches I did:

A crate. The gray coloured crate is missing, i think i deleted by accident:

Typical paintings. I tried to make a smaller version, but doesn't look as good:

Wood and paper walls:

Bamboo fence or wall (tiles Ok in horizontal, but not good in vertical):

PNG format, but using colors in Doom palette only.

New textures (not in Fuzzball's thread):

The missing Gray coloured Crate:

Some more door/wall patches:

A pair of flats:

Hehe I never said I never liked them in the thread, it's just if it was a more general thread it would have made sense...just to avoid confusion that's all~ :3

They look nice, would go well if used in the right way~

Quite nice! I also tried a stab at some asian-themed textures, but they didn't turn out so great. I like yours much better, because they retain some of that Doomy feel.

Oh, and here's a fixed bamboo:

I love the paintings, I am surprised to see them look so good in the Doom palette. I like the other textures too, but I have a small suggestion. I think the wood and paper walls would be better if they were shifted 4 units to the left. Right now they are quite awkward to use, because they have to be manually aligned on the walls. Also, what do the characters on the crate texture say?

No Godzilla portraits? Nice work nonetheless. I don't have any reason to use them, but I imagine they would look nice (I'm reminded of a DVII map).

Thanks Karnizero, all textures look great, especially the tiger painting.

Have you tried to do shinto shrine textures? I've always wanted to make in doom something like this. (Of course, without that complex upper part.)

Memfis said:

(Of course, without that complex upper part.)

It's certainly possible to do the complex upper part anyway, with portals and slopes, in ZDoom or Eternity.

@ EarthQuake: thanks for the corrected version. I was lazy to do it ;-P

Xtroose said:

I love the paintings, I am surprised to see them look so good in the Doom palette. I like the other textures too, but I have a small suggestion. I think the wood and paper walls would be better if they were shifted 4 units to the left. Right now they are quite awkward to use, because they have to be manually aligned on the walls. Also, what do the characters on the crate texture say?

Yes I noticed the alignment issue just today when testing them.
I will do a "shifted" version. Give me some days, now quite busy.

Memfis said:

Thanks Karnizero, all textures look great, especially the tiger painting.

Have you tried to do shinto shrine textures? I've always wanted to make in doom something like this. (Of course, without that complex upper part.)

I don't think a texture set for original doom palette to simulate such textures could look ok since those red and orage colours are not in the doom palette and the conversion to it will look bad.

But if you are talking about the white boards with orange columns (in the first image), it's quite easy to use Doom Wood for pillars and White-recoloured Doom Wood for white boards.

For the upper part of the walls, the decoration could be quite easy if you point me to a bigger image where i can see the details on such decoration and the i can reproduce it.