Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RjY

ngmvmt1 demos [-complevel 9]

Figured if I did a NM-Speed for ngmvmt1 map 4...then I oughta do a UV-fast for the map as well.

Time for the map 4 UV-fast run is 3:32. Pretty nice time, but can go into the 3:2x range with some effort.

ng04f332.zip

ngmvmt1 map 4 NM-Speed improved to 1:39 and map 4 UV-fast improved to 3:03. Pretty happy with how both turned out, even if there were a few ugly hiccups in the UV-fast run.

ng04demos.zip

Old Map31 max in 1:37 that I did when AB first posted the map (stays in sync with the latest NGmvmt1.wad, so I'm guessing he didn't change anything).

ng31-137.zip

j4rio said:

new gothic movement 1 (ngmvmt1.wad) map 21 max in 72:17

Finally! :)))

Does anyone else get "P_LoadSubsectors: no subsectors in level" when trying to play back this demo? Using the wad downloaded from DSDA, and the demo file from there as well as the one direct from the quoted post both do it.

MAP21 has extended nodes, you need to use a version of prBoom+ >= 2507.

That was spot-on, thanks for the advice!

Ok, so I got to watching, wondering what the newest version of PrBoom+ had over the older versions. Didn't take long to notice the crisper, clearer textures when extended to 1600x900 resolution. Really did Lv21 justice, what a gorgeous level!! And then I switched to the Automap, expecting to see the usual plain-lines, basic colors level layout. How delightfully wrong I was... Floor textures beautifully rendered, perfectly scaled, and ooh - Even a 3D visual effect for those areas that have a "stairs" design layout! And the final, perfect touch... Moving "liquid" textures such as lava. Amazing. Then there's the properly-transparent water used on the waterfalls. Doom's never looked so good.

The demo itself had me glued to the screen, forgetting even to blink. Grimacing in sympathy when a rocket found its mark. Applauding the infight management, ammo conservation, weapon choices, and thorough monster-sweeping route. At the end, I was almost disappointed it was over, it was such a treat to watch.

TL;DR: Beautiful level, brilliant infights, and playing style to be proud of. Bloody well done, j4rio!!

j4rio said:

thanks, glad someone enjoys it after all

something made me replay it again so another 2 minute improvement

That is some real quality right there. You've gotten so much better since your first Sunder demos. :)

Qaatar said:

That is some real quality right there. You've gotten so much better since your first Sunder demos. :)

I had to think a little to realise my first demo at DSDA is my old crappy "gzdoomish" tenth map max. Now how awesome is that :>.
jk sunder is still far above my limits, well at least most of it is.

last time I'm spamming here, 15 max in 18:00 and until someone bothers to improve I won't have a look at it again.

ngmvmt1map15max.zip

Map15 NotMax in 16:44

I was pretty slow to kill the cybies (and my hands went a bit numb because I played that map for almost 2 hours in a row to get this, hence the rockets to the face twice) and I haven't watched your demos, so there might be some way to do that part better that I missed. Getting under 15 minutes seems reasonable with some work... Your work most likely, I don't play Doom much these days and when I do, I tend to relax more than speedrun. NGmvmt1 played slowly is surprisingly different!

Also, I didn't mention it yet because it often feels like spamming to do so, but it's very impressive to see you posting so many demos on so many long/hard levels in so little time, j4rio. :)

ng15-1644.zip

Hey Phml, glad to hear so from you, much appreciated!

I'll let map 15 rest from me for a while. Besides you had awesome infights there so it will be a hard one to beat actually, the lowest section had been almost strugglers-free before you went on search for them (not counting the last 2).

1ntru said:

map13 max in 13:33

this demo is like, EW.

Please don't even watch that demo. I finally got a decent and good looking demo. Cyber humiliation anyone?

MAP13 in 11:06

ng131106.zip

j4rio said:

new gothic movement 1 (ngmvmt1.wad) map 21 max in 72:17

Finally! :)))

umh using most updated prboom+ version avaiable and the dsda dled wad, but it desync after 9 seconds~
is there another version of wad i dont have?

thanks a lot! gonna watch the demo tonight or tomorrow in the breaks of my speedrunning attempts. but considering the time, I'd best get some popcorns or chips too!

k just had a look to the first minutes now, and the version you linked is the correct one, thanks again :>