Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XonToR

DooM Legacy Question for Pistol / Chaingun

Hello all DooMers out there. I wanna know, how i can use different sounds in DooM Legacy for the Pistol and Chaingun. Please help me. Since i wanna build in a minigun, i don't want the normal pistol sound for the weapon. I'll place ´minigun sound in it. That would give a problem to the sound of the pistol. So - how can i do that? Please help me, thanks - your XonToR

Use WinTex. Find the name of the sound you want to replace, then load a new file in it's place. Best to do this with a separate PWAD though.

Use WinTex. Find the name of the sound you want to replace, then load a new file in it's place. Best to do this with a separate PWAD though.

If you do the above, you will be changing the sound entry called DSPISTOL. This sound is used by both the pistol and the chaingun.

I suspect what XonToR was asking was, is it possible to change the sound of the chaingun, and leave the sound of the pistol alone.

Normally, the answer is no. They both use DSPISTOL, so changing DSPISTOL gives them both a new sound.

If you use DEHACKED, you can find a reference to a sound called CHGUN. That would be DSCHGUN for a digital sound, and DPCHGUN for an electronic PC speaker bleep. These are not in the IWAD. A long time ago (before source ports) I added a DSCHGUN and DPCHGUN lump to a pwad. Doom just ignored them.

I know it is possible in Zdoom. There is a SNDINFO entry you can modify. It works just fine. I would also be very surprised if you couldn't do it in EDGE as it would seem you can define almost anything with DDF. Unfortunately - Legacy - I dunno!

yea, like i made the pistol sound the shot gun sound, cuz u know how the chaingun dudes chaingun sounds diff than yours, that dont make much sence, so i changed that, not like anyone uses the pistol that much anyway in dm, and plus i did that so you could make dm'ers think for a short time you actually have a weapon and slip by fast enough to actually get one

[quote]

If you use DEHACKED, you can find a reference to a sound called CHGUN. That would be DSCHGUN for a digital sound, and DPCHGUN for an electronic PC speaker bleep. These are not in the IWAD. A long time ago (before source ports) I added a DSCHGUN and DPCHGUN lump to a pwad. Doom just ignored them.

There is a entry in the sounds list in the source code for a chaingun sound but it is a link to the pistol sound and unused in any case. When I was writing SMMU I added some code in to let people add in their own chaingun sound (ie. seperate sounds for the chaingun and pistol). I dont think any of the other ports support it but would be a useful thing to add in I guess.

Hello, where can i get this SMMU I? How can i realize it, to use the DSCHGUN sound? Please help me. Thanks.