2Sectors MAP01 - UV-Pacifist 0:06
2Sectors MAP01 - No Monsters 0:06
Need More Detail (nmdu.wad) E1M1 - No Monsters 0:09

Recorded with prboom-plus v2.5.0.8

2Sectors (-complevel 9)
Need More Detail (-complevel 3)

randomruns.zip

Grazza said:

The SDA site doesn't make it completely clear, but Kristian had already done a 0:06 Pacifist - it's in the 2sectors demo-pack.

I didn't know about that one. Thanks for informing me that. :P

10Sector MAP02 - UV-Fast 1:56

ts02f156.zip

Fun little challenge you found, Philnemba. :)

THE LAST DOOM LEVEL MADE IN 2003 UV Fast in 0:46

Everything went perfectly except for the last chaingunner.
Dunno why this wad have only 0,5 stars on idgames... Bad title maybe.

las203-46fast.zip

Here's a fun little map that was featured in Doomworld's 10 Years of Doom for 2000, although I found it while randomly browsing DSDA and noticed it had a lot of demo activity for a one-map wad.

Atomic Tomb by Brad Spencer UV-Max in 2:23.

at-223.zip

Memfis said:

Fun little challenge you found, Philnemba. :)

THE LAST DOOM LEVEL MADE IN 2003 UV Fast in 0:46

Everything went perfectly except for the last chaingunner.
Dunno why this wad have only 0,5 stars on idgames... Bad title maybe.

Good run Memfis. As for why people trash this decent map, I agree its probably the title. Paul had a weird habit of making ether jokewads or experimental speedmaps during most of the 2000s.

Plutonia Revisited map 01 UV speed in 2:06. Crappy time and pretty ugly run too, but at least I made it to the exit this time (yeah, first exit). I'm propably also missing some fancy trick shortcut too but oh well, I only recorded this for fun anyway.

Recorded on Zdoom 2.5.0 (sorry) as I enjoy playing Doom most with a gamepad nowadays and I think Zdoom is the only source port with a good support for one.

pr01-206.zip

didierbertrand said:

The begining of the end part 1
e1m3 uvmax in 09:44

heh that's the worst level for uvmax ever :P People seem to like to make demos out of my least favorite levels in that WAD. I've seen this one now and e1m2, both of which I feel are the uglier and less fun of the set. When I made those levels I thought supertight ammo besides shotty would be a challenge, but now I wished I'd given the player more of an arsenal to have fun with. some rockets into the middle of those monster spawners would have been pretty satisfying.

Thanks for posting this demo!

NoobBait said about Atomic Tomb:
I found it while randomly browsing DSDA and noticed it had a lot of demo activity for a one-map wad.

That's because it was a featured map.

didierbertrand said:

The begining of the end part 1
e1m4 uv max in 08:33

sweet run! you make damn good use of that rad suit, and the last-second kill at the end is beautiful :)

NaturalTvventy said:

sweet run! you make damn good use of that rad suit, and the last-second kill at the end is beautiful :)

glad you liked it!
your wad is nice, and deserve more demos, that's why i'm trying to max all the maps.
here is another one:
e1m5 uvmax in 09:40

end1e1m5uvmax0940.zip

didierbertrand said:

glad you liked it!
your wad is nice, and deserve more demos, that's why i'm trying to max all the maps.
here is another one:
e1m5 uvmax in 09:40

That's another level I don't like much in hindsight. The idea was that the player had been captured and thrown in with some demons as a cruel joke. Then, you think you've escaped only to find you're in the center of an arena with spectator imps and barons. There's hardly any health there (why would demons put health in an arena?). Now I think the gameplay is ass because of it. And it's not a very good-looking level either. I generally prefer e2 to e1. I hope you get a chance to post a few of those, too.

NT

Memfis said:

2002ado E2M1 UV-Max in 1:49

Great work! You progress well in the UV Max category.

I find stx-Vile's 2002ADO demos very exciting to watch (though far from unimprovable), and I really like to see fresh beaters of his Doom Odyssey records.

Memfis said:

Thanks! Maybe I'll do more in the future.

Good luck with it! Some of Vile's 2002ADO records have more room for improvement than the two which we have beaten. For example, E2M4 and E3M5 can go below 9 and 10 minutes respectively (with more calculated ammo management and more aggressive/effective running). Not to mention that the E4M6 cyberdemon only needs 80 cells to handle, and you can exit E4M2 the normal way, instead of wasting 24 seconds to backtrack to the secret door.

Though it would also be fun to improve his strongest 2002ADO demos, like E3M7/E3M8. It's my favorite UDoom megawad too :-)