Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XonToR

DOS DOOM v1.0 (v0.99) Problem

I downloaded DOOM v1.0 (v0.99) from ftp.cdrom.com. If i wanna launch the game, i have the Problem, that i cant solute - i think. There always appears this message:

R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon...Z_ChangeTag: an owner is required for purgeable blocks

And then it ends itself. So i can't play the game. How can i fix that error? I don't wanna upgrade - i wanna play the v1.0 (v0.99) version of this old but good game. Thanks, your XonToR

heh you need to be in TRUE dos not command prompt or windows it must be real dos or it will nut werk otherwise... well you cant (sux for winme users)

Thanks, it works now. I found out, that the v1.0 WAD of DOS DOOM v1.0 (v0.99) has a Status Bar with "SCORE", too. I wanna know, in which version this is used. Ther was / must be a DOOM Version, that shows the text / item messages in a Status Bar window. Which Version is that?

I downloaded DOOM v1.0 (v0.99) from ftp.cdrom.com. If i wanna launch the game, i have the Problem, that i cant solute - i think. There always appears this message:

R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon...Z_ChangeTag: an owner is required for purgeable blocks

GOD, I JUST SAID THE SAME THING LAST WEEK!!!

or was it 2 weeks ago...

oh, and for the status bar text and score, grab doomprbt.zip.

Man, someone needs to let you out a little more.

Dosdoom is long dead, it has been replaced with a (more customizable) port called "Edge" (which stands for enhanced doom gaming engine). Fanatic is the big guy to talk to aobut it (still waiting for a stable edge 1.25 to come out).

I still have dosdoom on my system (v.623 i think), but it is inoperable and i only still ahve it around because i ahve graphics wads located in those directories.

uhh this thread isnt about dosdoom heh its about the verson of doom released 0.99 not dosdoom