Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

Unloved II [BETA1 released]

No, this project surely isn't dead - I just have some trouble with real life at the moment, but as soon as everything is back on track, I will continue on U2!

BlueEagle said:

I think I've done my homework on this subject. I've started listening to A LOT of dark ambience music since the first Unloved and my dark ambience music folder is about 3 gig thick now. I have one new song from Silent Hill (not telling which game^^), other songs are from Nine Inch Nails, Atrium Carceri, Lustmord and all the good ones that make you feel lonely and unloved ;)

eehhh. I don't like it when people think they can take music (or any resource) and just give credit in a text file and act like that's fine.

Unless you actually have permission from these fellows (and the ones in Unloved 1)?...

Khorus said:

eehhh. I don't like it when people think they can take music (or any resource) and just give credit in a text file and act like that's fine.

Unless you actually have permission from these fellows (and the ones in Unloved 1)?...

This doesn't matter.I mean cmon,it's not like he makes money from this!

Please not this discussion again.

When you rip textures from duke nukem/blood/quake/whatever and put it in your project, you do the exact same copyright violation as you do with ripping music or sounds. Well nobody on this site seems to care about those copyright violations, so why bother so much when it comes to music? Hypocrite much?

BlueEagle said:

Please not this discussion again.

When you rip textures from duke nukem/blood/quake/whatever and put it in your project, you do the exact same copyright violation as you do with ripping music or sounds. Well nobody on this site seems to care about those copyright violations, so why bother so much when it comes to music?

I wasn't asking on a communal level, but for your personal thoughts. Which I got a very adequate answer for.

Many do care (and are clearly vocal as per your first sentence) about these copyright violations, but don't do anything about it. What can we do? Alert the authorities? Continue to bitch and moan? Gee, that's got us far!

Hypocrite much?

No not really. I've only worked on wads either with stock or textures that other community members created such as Ni'mrod's, and have never done the actions "you" used as exmples. :p

Khorus said:

If BlueEagle was making money off of the WADs, then it would be an issue. But these are free games made for entertainment. If anything, they kind of promote the music/sound effects/resources. Regardless, I don't see why there's any reason to fuss over the issue anyway.

Great news! I recently broke up with my girlfriend and now I'm lonely, depressed and I feel totally... UNLOVED! Perfect time to pick up Unloved 2 again and work some more on this bitch :D

New screenshots:

New area: the church.

Of course with the goodness of Heretic monsters and textures ;)

The church has some pretty big areas to fight.

A hole in the wall...

The prison.

It's time for the appointment with your psychiatrist.

This place is made of rust.

The glow on the shotgun is actually a candle ;)

The church map is called "No prayers for the dying"

Crits&Comments are very welcome :)

I guess you won't add new weapons.Btw new screens look great!I am glad you found time to work on it again,though I'm sorry your girlfriend broke up with you.Anyway,it's her loss :P

Great job, I really enjoyed Unloved.

I even made my own horror wad of the sorts. I was adding in all the elements that freak the crap out of me. I ended up giving up on the project because I started to lose sleep and health over the project. Maybe one day I'll return to it but I had to abandon it for now. All the thoughts I had would actually keep me up at night, and we all know what that does to our immune system :( -- I blame the floorboards of my house ;)
The clinical ambient music I listened to get in the mood for it probably didn't help :(

Therefore I will be just as glad to see a new version of this map released! Horror wads that don't rely on shock are exactly what I want (Ghouls forest is an example of how I would never do a horror map, despite it being quite effective for what Cutman wanted to do, and I think he succeeded there).

I personally am hoping for more surreal areas. Two of my favourite places in the first Unloved were the giant hall with the suspended walkways (the grating ones, where there were cacos flying around and also i think a red skull door maybe?), or the room with a splattered "guy" watching TV. Especially the second one - it was amazingly creepy.

Antroid said:

I personally am hoping for more surreal areas. Two of my favourite places in the first Unloved were the giant hall with the suspended walkways (the grating ones, where there were cacos flying around and also i think a red skull door maybe?), or the room with a splattered "guy" watching TV. Especially the second one - it was amazingly creepy.

I'm with you here.Surreal levels are the best!And anyway,this is how Doom started in the first place!

killer2 said:

What?

Basically, my imagination is too powerful. Read it over again if it's a bit hard to comprehend.

I'm one of those people who immerse themselves in what it is. If I'm making music, I need to be in the mood. Likewise with a horror wad, I need to be in the mood. I'll listen to clinical ambient and stuff like that to get me in the zone. If you've never done this or never experienced it (I'm sure most people have though), you won't be able to comprehend the notion.
I'll work on my wad late at night. I add clinical ambient on in the background, I make sure I'm alone. When I make the map, I put random generators in it so no one can predict anything, not even myself. The sounds I used were really real, and even to this day when I play the first parts of the wad, I still get chills down my spine. This is ONLY if I play it at night, all alone, dark/quiet...etc. If I play it through the day it has no real effect when the sun is shining in my eyes. I'd rather go for a walk and hang out with friends.

The reason I do this is because releasing a wad in your name stays forever. If I'm going to release a wad, it had better be 5 star quality in my eyes or forget it. It's all or nothing. If I'm not happy with it and I don't feel others will get out of it what I want them to, then I'm just wasting my time and everyone else's time. Make sense?

Since I can't get in the mood during the day, I always do it at night. Because I do it right before bed, logically those emotions carry over with you to sleep unless you're some kind of hardened veteran. Since I'm not, I decided it wasn't worth continuing. I'll let someone else do it and I'll enjoy the horror wads on my own ;)

I don't think I can dumb it down any more for you. If you're still lost, then just forget it.

Chrispaks said:

stuff

I think I get it now.Btw,as you described it,your wad sounds totally AWESOME.Please continue it.If you can't do it every night just do it once a week or month.Please,I really enjoy horror/surreal wads.

I really, really hope this gets finished--I'm very excited to play it! The first "Unloved" is my all-time favorite WAD (because I like horror/suspense/gothic WADs a lot), and the sequel looks awesome so far judging from the screencaps you've posted and what you've said about it. Take your time, of course...I just hope this doesn't fade off and become an eternally unfinishd project. :(

Hi guys!

Little update...
I've been working my ass off on U2 in the last time and progress is fast and heavy. I'm very excited to get this out to you to see if this can meet the expectations some of you might have towards this project :)

I am currently about 40% done, but some later stages are already layed out and just have to be changed around a bit, so I would almost say I'm about 50% done.

The map types are now all set in stone and there is even ... SKY!

Angry Hell Knight is angry.

The prison area is 100% rust and metal.

Is this the... exit?

Behind a bookshelf is a hidden passage into another basement.

The only outside area... a ghost town.

This place is empty... isn't it?

A staple of every Silent Hill game... the Hospital!

Doctor? Something is wrong with the walls!

A building for sale... wanna go inside and take a look?

Faded City.

Chrispaks said:

I even made my own horror wad of the sorts. I was adding in all the elements that freak the crap out of me. I ended up giving up on the project because I started to lose sleep and health over the project.

I'm with you, man. After all the time and sleepless nights that went into Unloved 2, I'm starting to see things in the darkness. Really weird but inspiring at the same time ;)

BurningCadavre said:

I LOVE the outside areas!

At first, I wasn't sure if I want to break tradition, but the faded city turned out to be one of the most scary maps I've made so far. The gameplay changes from run&gun to almost no enemies at all. But believe me, when I played it last night to test some stuff, an imp just appeared out of nowhere right in front of me and I almost threw my mouse from my desk.

Looking good! I'd have to actually play it to form a proper opinion, but so far I don't see anything wrong.

Is there going a mental institution type level in this (maybe it's the same exact area as the Hospital level)? Maybe you could add padded textures from Redneck Rampage in the cells?

Another suggestion that you could add hanging corpses & bodies from Blood.

I also hope the Final Boss isn't Thamuz but something far more scarier...

These new screens look very good.

I really enjoyed the original Unloved, one of the most original levels I have seen in quite a while.

But I never actually finished it. I am stuck at the part where you go up the stairs and there are these bars there, which say 'these bars are rusted shut'. I can't figure out how to open them or where to go.

And also BlueEagle, I really hope things come out well in real life for you. Keep persevering. :)