Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Davidoom

a big city wad

with real cool mazes...tobe was on about it earlier but does anyone know where i can get a good m/p city wad?

I was doing a HUGE city level for the 'cities' project, but now that seems dead. So I am planning on finishing it off (only around 5% to go) and converting it to a ZDoom level with ZDoom features and the like.

SlayeR, the city level you're making for Underworld is big. So once Beta 3 comes out there will be a big city level to play. :)

There is a WAD called COD1-11.wad. Not Caverns of Darkness, but City of Doom. It has 11 levels (1-11) and has some reasonable, if a bit old school looking city levels. Some of the effects are quite nice. It has a lot of textures suitable for the sides of buildings etc.

I did a quick search and couldn't find it using Lycos ftp search.

It is by Paul Maurone and the E-mail address in the text file is pmaurone@snip.net in case you can't track it down either. I would E-mail it to you, but its almost 3 meg and my E-mail client seems to start messing up with things above 2.5 Meg ATM.

There was an awesome city map for Ultimate Doom on the D!Zone CD. Awesome at the time that is, I don't know how it stacks up today, but it had streets, alleys, curbs, sidewalks, apartments, complexes, I think there was a factory. Most of the outside was done with the GRAY texture series. The room you started in was a computer room. I'm certain it had "city" somewhere in the filename. I'll look for it later, but if you have D!Zone, try looking for it. It was a pretty sizable level, so ignore anything under 100K in size.

Yeah the underworld one is big, but not as big as the other one i was talkin about... that one is nearly twice as big, and very hard too! I will post in this forum when i finish it, which won't be for a while coz I really need to finish my underworld one...