Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

I'm currently working on a TC and I will have the first map out sometime soon. I'm working with ZDoom (among with a few other little odds and ends) and I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me. If you have any questions just email me at burningcarousel@aol.com
Thanks.

Black

Just so you're not disappointed/FYI, posts asking for help around here generally don't garner a whole lot of a response. People are too busy either a) being lazy or b) working on their own projects that they will never, ever finish.

I can't help you very much but I wish you good luck on your TC... it takes a LOT of effort and if you don't give up you'll get it out. Best regards

Bah! Who needs help anyway!
Better off being your own boss, doing your own thing, spending years making all those graphics, sprites, sounds and maps yourself!

[note-to-self] Maybe it IS better to get help![/note-to-self]

If you start a project, never count on other people's help. If you know that you can finish the project yourself, you may, but if you rely on other, you have to be lucky.

Well, that is fine... I didn't expect anyone to help me really anyway. Does anyone have a really cool star sky that I could use? I don't want to use the Evilution stars but rather a different one. Could anyone at least help me with that much?

Black

Originally posted by Black
Does anyone have a really cool star sky that I could use?

Rich "Weeds" Nagel released Nitesky.wad a few years ago. You can read the text file here, or download it here.

Hey thanks ReX... Those were pretty cool. A little more like "galaxy gazing" than star skies but heh it works.

Black

I actually modified one of Rich's skies so that I got just a starscape (i.e., without the nebulas and galaxies, etc.) Rich's text files specify that the textures may be used without modification, but he allowed me to modify one of them after I requested him. If you'd like a copy, email him at RichNagel@Compuserve.com for permission then let me know and I'll send it to you.

I also converted the Duke 3D Earthscape (i.e., looking at Earth from the surface of the Moon) for use in DooM (ZDooM). You can see an example at Piper at the Gates of DooM.

Hey that piper site had some pretty cool stuff!!

Although for some strange reason it kills my system some times!?

Lobo said:

Bah! Who needs help anyway!
Better off being your own boss, doing your own thing, spending years making all those graphics, sprites, sounds and maps yourself!

[note-to-self] Maybe it IS better to get help![/note-to-self]

That's exactly what I'm doing. (except for sounds and maps) I'm making my own MOD as well, but it's going REALLY slow... BTW do you have yor own website for your project?