Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Plutonia Revisited Community Project demos [-complevel 4]

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Map 01 UV-Max in 2:51

I like unordinary, atmospheric, longer-than-normal beginning levels (such as this one), and you did a fitting solid run for this fine map. I find this demo worth uploading to Youtube.

SAV88, thanks.

I uploaded it to youtube (link), though I would do it from the first for advertisement. A wad won't appear in the /newstuff chronicle until a few months pass after it was archived in idgames, so I think that making a video by me might be a little effective for ad.

thanks for your demo. really cool.

this showed me again how unimaginative i am at finding routes...i always went forward and left to the green armor, never thought of going for the red key first.

now, a demo pack for plutonia revisited would be nice. i like it better than plutonia 2, pl2 is fun too but this one has a clearer, more oldschool architecture, imitating the original plutonia better. it starts with the music already, i was amazed when i listened to those drums for the first time.

About time I throw myself into the fray with a UV-Max for map 26, Poison Ivy III. Time for the run is 7:24. Good time, but improvable by at least 5 seconds, if not more. Gotta love those slip-ups!

pv26-724.zip

PV17-034:
Hmm, that is harder than what it looks.

From my impression, switching to 5th skill helps a bit. Revenant attacks you more willingly. :)

cool demo, Paska
This route is very unexpected.
I think you use the Mancubi or rocket suicide exit

and also really thanks guys whose recorded demo for my map.

Here's map 17 nightmare speed.

That reverocket'jump' is very hard imo. I tried it other day with save/load but couldn't make it. Then I tried that pacifist thing few mins and got it, I think I was lucky. Then memfis say about NM and I give it a try and got lucky again, but the time is .03. Then I found that one chain gunner might be able to do the same as reve because he can shoot to the right spot, so I guess that would be the optimal route but I'm not gonna try it now.

pv17n016.zip

Paska said:

one chain gunner might be able to do the same as reve because he can shoot to the right spot, so I guess that would be the optimal route but I'm not gonna try it now.

yup, but it takes major luck to execute at all. making it faster than your rev route seems like a very bad idea for killing off a week's time. :)

map05 uv max in 4:35

a non-linear map in overall design, but plays like a requiem style railshooter once you set a path and start dispersing shells. :) a player like skepticist should be able to obliterate my time with ease.

pv05-435.zip

didierbertrand said:

03:32
03:12
02:47

Nice progress! Your 2:47 run is a brave, intense, tightly played demo. Now I can call you a great Nightmare player.

Qaatar's first-exit UV Max in 3:45, Didier's NM100S in 0:44 and JCD's UV Speed in 0:24 inspired me to record a Nightmare 100% Secrets run for MAP12 in 0:23, also Pacifist.

It's obviously one of these short, lazy runs which I produce in-between spending serious work on "dream demos". Time is what I wanted, though there are probably some more operative shortcuts which will make by time bad :-)

pv12s023.zip

Wow, that's one impressive demo! :) You've certainly come up with a very good route, I had no idea the map could be completed that fast :)

I'm especially impressed with the straightforward way you handled the imo scary cyber behind the yellow door ;) All in all a great demo that's certainly fun to watch too!

dew said:

map19 uv-max in 10:47

probably my first max on a big boys league map.

waverider said:

I'm especially impressed with the straightforward way you handled the imo scary cyber behind the yellow door ;)

that dude is most dangerous immediatelly after you open the door. he's already awoken, so he tends to fire the moment he spots your ankles under the opening door. it means either cruel inescapable death in the narrow part or jumping off the catwalk and crazier dodging than my little turns i do on it. :)
but hey.. almost every room can tell tales like this one, it's definitely a tough-as-nails map and i consider this one of my best demos ever, hehe.

There is actually two chicken-mode ways to do it as well, the ones I always use myself, haha. Either, you can stand just outside the door, open it, fire at the cyber, then close the door before his rockets hit you. The other easier way is to fire at the cyber a bit, then go into the narrow part, pick up the radsuit, then use the Super Shotgun at him at the other end at the cyber room. Your way is definitely the way faster one though. :)

Again, great demo, I'm sure to watch it again!