Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

You posted them on Sunday, the day Andy usually does the updates. I guess the surest way to see your demos up on Monday is to post them by Saturday.

Yeah you're right, although Andy sometimes adds demos posted a few hours before the update. Well, I'm sure he'll add them in the next update anyway =)

N_A: Fixed. Thanks! And you can thank Hitherto for the revenge demos. I did miss them, but he eMailed them to remind me.:-)

Kimo: Sorry. Must've missed the new page on the thread. They'll all be up next week, for sure.

Andy - my MLM12 Map05 demo in 2:52 is in fact a 8 second failed attempt, I didn't check before I posted. Sorry.

oh and my map03 tas is doom2, it looks kinda funny in the doom table

dew said:
oh and my map03 tas is doom2, it looks kinda funny in the doom table

Heh, maybe Andy was thinking of something like this.

1. In the "speedrun request" thread there are two demos "of high importance", missing in DSDA, AV MAP27 UV Max by Ryback and Plutonia MAP27 Tyson by z0diac (a link leads to misc demos page 25). Can they have priority in the next update?

2. My Vrack2 demo does not play back correctly with the version of the WAD present at DSDA. Since this is the only demo for vrack2b and the difference between two versions is marginal in single player mode (sky issue corrected, reject table rebuilt), one solution is to include vrack2b in the vrack2.zip and give comment below my demo "plays back with Vrack2b.wad". Another option would be of course putting in a separate WAD, like Scythe 2.

3. I'm confused with the FDAs. The time of these demos does not count in WADs list, neither the number of demos counts (see 2shadows for reference). We agreed this should work like that. But... Let's see the players list, HackNeyed for example: the time of FDAs does not count, but these demos add to his number of demos. Is it intentional?

4. I suggest we remove TendaMonsta's pl2 MAP18 UV Max demo as no-one is able to watch it except the very beginning.

5. Phml's demo for strnghld (an impressive one!): he uses plasma weapons, but takes no damage. This qualifies for "Also Reality!" mark, I guess.

6. I can't find stx-Vile's NM Speed for TNT, MAP08 (3:35). Is it because you didn't put the tnt nightmare demos yet? (I didn't check any other demos in this respect).

1. They'll be in the next update.

2. Done.

3. It's because I'm a dumbass and put the FDA clause in the wrong part of the query. Fixed. Good catch!

4. Done.

5. Done.

6. Going alphabetically, NM Speed is the last category in the list. Fortunately, I've just reached it. stx-Vile's demo will be in the next update along with(hopefully) the last of TNT.

Could someone check UAC Ultra demos: which were recorded with not-final version and have desync problems? Does anyone own copies of (I think there were two) older versions?

I promise to check all the 2002ADO demos in this respect, because some will only play back with 2002ado_old, this I'm sure.

Hi Andy,
Here are a couple demos if you want:

dbzone_v7.wad dbzone_v7.txt map01 speed 1:24 ZDaemon 1.08.07

nostril max 151:31 prboom-plus 2.5.0.1

reality03 map03 max/reality 1:42 (demo is in wad zip file at dsda - also, all non-fail demos on reality03 are also reality style)

cybrdeth.wad max 1:27 (wad was made by Breadrobber and has no connection to the cybrdeth.wad already at dsda)

Thanks!

UAC Ultra: no-one has older versions? I PM'ed 40oz.

2002ADO: e2m6-uv (9:40 Max by Ryback) requires an older version, but not 2002ado_old @DSDA (this is just E1M3 extracted from yet another older version, E1M3 UV Speed by Xit Vono works only with this one).

I made a mistake by stating my last two demos were recorded with PrBoom+ 2.5.0.5. They were with 2.5.0.7

In the link below there is 2002ado.wad, the version with which e2m6-uv works for me (but not o1m3-024!), as well as my two recent demos with new text files.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24031789/andyo.zip

145 demos this week. The tnt tables are now complete! And it only took me fifteen months...

Grazza mentioned in another thread that the punishr tables had a few errors. Fixed.

ToD: All but the reality03 demo added. I'll get it in next week(not sure how I missed it in the first place). Also, I chose not to add the 'Also Reality!' note to the demos because, well, it's kind of required.:-)

vdgg: Appropriate demos uploaded and 2002ado archive updated with older E2M6. Thanks!

Hello Andy, Myk has discover that my wad(philhbc.wad) has a 0 sized reject which makes other boom compatible demos(such as Boom, MBF, ect) desynch except for prboom+. I have emailed a fix version of the wad to you by replacing the reject lump file(provided by Myk) so it should fix the problem.