Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Your Political Side

What's your political side/view? Are you a neutral? Right-wing nutjob? Left-wing nutjob? Something other than that?

For those who want to know exactly where they stand on the political compass, there is a quiz here (obviously it is going to bring up some controversial issues):

http://politicalcompass.org/test

Feel free to post your results.

Here's mine:

http://politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-2.25&soc=-2.00

Please don't result to childish name-calling if someone disagrees with your views

EDIT:

Charts for extra reference:

Used to be a Republican, but switched over to Libertarianism once I realized that my views were only 10% right wing and 90% centrist.

I prefer to not be associated with any particular party, but I suppose my views most closely resemble that of the democratic party. Still, I don't agree with everything of that party.

I took this test like a year ago and I'm still in the same area:

About the same as usual. I don't really affiliate with any particular party, but I am a member of the IWW, and occasionally call myself an anarcho-syndicalist, if these mean anything.

I can't be fucked taking this quiz again but I remember I was slightly to the right and almost perfectly in the center, or something.

EDOT: Or maybe in the bottom center. I can't remember.

Of course I'm not sure how accurate this is. A lot of the questions on that survey seemed superficial, and I answered a few of them differently from how I think I was 'supposed to' because they were overgeneralizations or used clumsy wording. In reality I probably lean a lot further toward the center on both axes.

By the way, lots of questions in this are somewhat ambiguous, and you can give an ambiguous response.

By British standards, I'm right of centre, but by American standards left of center. :)

Fairly libertarian in terms of personal and economic freedoms, and a little more authoritarian in terms of law and order.

Last time I took this quiz, it placed me near politicians that I definitely don't agree with on many things (e.g. Charles Kennedy of the Liberal Democrats). I think a few of the questions can sway things very easily, as the same answer can be given by people with a very different perspective on the particular issue, and the quiz can't take account of this. I therefore didn't take the quiz again.

I remember I have do this test last year, a friend from Hubei invited me to do this test.

Most questions I don't really understand what it's talking about, some words I try to search it by dictionary. Anyway here's my result:

The test put me about middle of the bottom left square. I'd describe myself as a moderate.

Sup, I am right wing.

I don't ever say that I am though, partially because stating that you are right wing usually implies that you are some Christian nigger hater or something, which I am not.

I think my right wingness mostly stems from my economic opinions. A good example would be the current financial crisis and the response towards it. Many people look at the crisis (which was mostly caused by lack of restrictions on corporations and banks) and think, "We need to stop big corporations and banks from doing this ever again, so lets make some new laws so that it never happens again." I disagree with that. I honestly believe that economic problems like the ones we are facing at the moment are simply an acceptable consequence of laissez-faire economics, and we shouldn't change the entire system just because we made a boo-boo.

The restrictions many people want to make on the market and their related business interests are like, 365 days a year of overcast weather. Sure, its not raining, or sunny, it is just gloomy and boring. It's stagnant. I prefer a global economy of the full spectrum of nature's capabilities.

I'm below the poverty line, have a wife and son to pay for, have no savings or investments and am in debt, but I am still fine with all of this.

That being said, I think this is a pretty bad quiz. I disagree with many of the questions simply because of they way they are worded and the implications that they make. I guess I'm just not jumping to conclusions in the same way that the questions imply.

Haha, that graph. Predictably, its mostly left wingers who just want everyone to get along, and a few token right wingers who want to make money off of those left wingers.

GreyGhost said:

I was just about to mention that graph, if people could post their numeric results I'll update it.

OK, I took the test again.

Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

Slightly closer the midpoint than on previous occasions, but probably just because I chose differently on a few where I neither agreed nor disagreed with too vague or unqualified a statement. And I still wasn't sure what to make of questions like "Are the wealthy taxed too much?" In Sweden, sure; in the Cayman Islands maybe not.

Funny. I come out really anti-authority on this one, but in that regard I was dead centre on the one they set up for the Canadian election. They do tend to rig this to the issues of their target demographic (ie. Americans), so that sets me up to look like an anarchist. I think this is because they don't account well for a belief that individuals should have far fewer restrictions than large groups in general.

Anyway, here are my numbers:
http://politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-6.38&soc=-8.26

~16 or so months ago:

Economic: -6.38
Social: -4.87

Economically, nothing has really changed. Socially, I've gone down to a -6.22

Not all that surprised. Oh, and for the record, here's Grey Ghost's glorious html view of where Doomworlders stood at the time:

Compass